XXXV • DADDY ISSUES

Comincia dall'inizio

"We're not that desperate, Stefan. The guy tried to barbecue us!" Damon reminded him with wide eyes and his best friend nods right next to him. Father or not, John Gilbert remains as a vampire hunter, just like the real Jonathan Gilbert one hundred and forty-six years ago when they were human. Both Gilbert men were involved in the ultimate massacre plan to burn a group of vampires to their demise after rounding them all up. First in the 1800's, then in the present day; it seems that some things never change after all. The past and the present have no difference. History repeats itself. Although why is it called history when it's not supposed to happen again?

Stefan will always remember that, though what other choice do they have?

"Which means he's considered dangerous, still." Rosie pointed out.

Damon nods once with a genuinely grateful smile, "Thank you, Rosie."

"Look, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe, and she's tagging Minerva along. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him, because apparently, he can't die!" Stefan reminded them once again.

Because he's one of the oldest vampires in history. Although doesn't everyone have a weakness at some point, including powerful immortals? Elijah Mikaelson was Rosie's former lover. Perhaps she could trust him? Although they have been apart after their second relationship is over for almost two decades — twenty-one years, to be precise. Anything could happen over their many years apart. Perhaps she couldn't trust him either. One wrong move with an Original, perhaps she will end up just like Trevor. How exactly is an Original going to maintain every one of them safe by protecting them from another Original, who's apparently his cruel brother? Who knows Elijah and Klaus may be working together with their own plan to capture Elena for the sacrifice in order to break the curse, tricking them all?

Rosie is about to pipe in to retort back when Damon beats her to it instead, "I'm still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer." Just because he's Elena's biological father, that makes him trustworthy now? Not for the same man who tried to burn him and Rosie down in the basement of Dr. Grayson Gilbert's local clinic downtown; he's a hunter. Who's to say that he won't attempt to round them up to get burned again?

"Yeah, it seems that we can't trust anyone at this point anymore." She said in a tired manner. Not John, not Isobel, not Elijah, not even Elena, sadly.

"He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe." Stefan assured them, nodding a little; he believes that because John Gilbert remains as Elena's biological, truly protective father.

"How?" Rosie asked as she shakes her head a little.

"He's not talking. At least not to me anyway." Stefan said with a shrug that he doesn't really take offense of the fact that John doesn't trust him at all.

"Great work, Stefan. Top notch. As if I didn't have enough problems." Damon proclaimed with a scoff of pure disbelief, tired of all these issues.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Rose." Stefan brought up in a warmer tone of voice. He knows how much the old vampire meant to his brother as a true friend. One of the most genuine friends Damon has in a while other than Rosie. She truly doesn't deserve that werewolf bite, and he knows how guilty his brother feels though remains to deny it once it comes to a supernatural foe.

"Whatever. I knew the woman for five minutes." Damon brushed it off, which earns him a disappointed look from his best friend but he ignores her. Although a deep part inside of him truly does care for the dead old vampire. She doesn't deserve to have her long life wasted, only to end it tragically. He can't keep reminding himself of how truly guilty he feels for her demise. Otherwise, he will lash out once again and he would honestly feel bad again. He doesn't want to go through the overwhelming guilt for too long again, especially not for a certain girl who's in love with somebody else. It's sad.