Chapter 56: Listening To Every Word

Start from the beginning

"Izuku... Let me go... I have things to do for the festival and so do you..." she tried to reason.

Deku shook his head. Not a chance in hell was he leaving her alone like this. "Not until you talk to me."

"I-I..."

Izuku pecked her cheek. She flinched. Perplexed, he went for her hand, but she took it out from his.

This...wasn't right.

"(Y/N)-"

"Please leave..." She didn't stutter.

She managed to bring herself to pull away from his warm embrace. She hugged herself and went to sit on her bed.

"Are you...pushing me away?" Izuku asked, a little hurt. "You're acting weird... Did I do something wrong?"

Closing her eyes, she shook her head. She couldn't bring herself to look at him. What if everything he was telling her was right?

Some days...his voice is louder than others...and today's one of them... It was like back when we fell out... When they all saw me use my damn quirk...

"So what's wrong?" Izuku asked gently, taking a step forward.

He wasn't sure how to get her to talk. Shōto told him that he didn't know either. Some days, it was easier to get her to vent or say what's on her mind than others. Todoroki had also told him that there was one time he never could get her to speak. Back before they rekindled their relationship.

What Shōto didn't tell him (and what Izuku was still unaware of) was that he had asked her why her ex was fooling around with another girl in public. Back then, he noticed how stiff she became. She stuffed her hands in her pockets, shooting him a forced smile that didn't match her eyes.

"We broke up," was all she told him that day.

"Why?" he pushed in a cold tone.

She had flinched. She made up an excuse, a random one at that then fled, leaving him with no answer. He thought nothing of it. Not until he overheard a passing conversation he daren't repeat.

"...you're gonna leave me..."

"No, I won't. Please tell me why you're crying. I thought you were talking about your problems now."

"I can't... Not this one... Everyone will call me a slut if I tell them..."

Izuku gasped. Was it the rumours? They did say that about her.

"What-What do you mean?" He took a place beside her on the bed. She broke down again, this time with shadows flying out of her body, engulfing them both together. She leaned on him for support. Izuku held her as she sobbed, her hands covering her face.

He's going to leave you forever. He'll realise he deserves better.

Shut up.

He'll get so angry with you. Did you tell him about that scar I gave you?

Go away!

You should've seen your face when you realised you couldn't escape. It was priceless!

FUCK OFF!

(Y/N) opened her eyes to find Izuku squeezing her tight. She noticed that she had trapped them both together with her quirk. And it sounded like a right mess outside.

She took a deep breath in, calming herself with Izuku's help. Her quirk calmed down gradually, just like she did.

Her room was a wreck. Everything was either scorched, soaked or broken in some way. It was like she nuked the place.