Chapter Twenty-Nine

Three months later...

"Rome do we have anymore appointments for today?"

"Nope! After that last client we are done for the day."

Arthit looked at his watch and smiled. It wasn't that late in the day and the weather outside was beautiful. This was his favorite time of the year. Thailand was blooming in all its glory and the heavenly smells of a variety of blooms were wafting through the air.

"If you smile any harder your face is going to crack."

Rome smacked Arthit on his head causing them to laugh out loud.

"Why don't we close up the shop a little early and give everyone a jumpstart on the weekend? Sound good?"

Arthit looked eagerly at Rome waiting for his response.

"It sounds GREAT! You go ahead and I'll let the guys in the back know. We're not expecting any shipments and there are no more deliveries, so why not?"

"Alright then. I'll just grab my bag from my office and take off. Lock up for me?"

"Yes sir. Off you go. I know someone who will be glad to see you."

"Are you psychic or something?"

"Like I need to be psychic to know where you're headed."

Rome rolled his eyes and patted Arthit on the shoulder.

"Enjoy your time with your Kongpob."

Arthit smiled at Rome and hugged him tightly.

"Thanks Rome. Enjoy your weekend."

Rome watched Arthit walk out of the shop. He rushed to the door to make sure Arthit was in his car before he took out his mobile phone and made a call.

"Hey! He's headed your way."

"WHAT?!?!?! He wasn't supposed to leave for another three hours! What the hell Rome?"

"Don't get pissy with me. Things were slow in the shop, so he decided to close early. Can't you push your plan up a couple of hours?"

"No. We had reservations for later this evening."

"Improvise asshole! I'm sure you can get things done without all the rigamarole. Can't you?"

"The rigamarole is the best part." Kongpob whined.

"Whatever! I'm out. Good luck jerk." Rome laughed and cut the call.

In a panic, Kongpob called for his assistant.

"Mirena! Help!"

Mirena came running into the office with coffee spilled on her blouse.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Seeing the stain on her blouse Kongpob laughed heartily and began to profusely apologize.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"Too late for that, don't you think?"

"I'll buy you a new blouse. Look! Arthit is on his way over here."

"Now? What about the reservations for tonight?"

"Call the restaurant to see if they can pull everything together within the next hour or so. I might be able to stall him for an hour, but any longer than that and he'll start to suspect something."

"Okay. I'm on it. You can count on me boss."

"Thanks. I really appreciate it."

Kongpob left his office and ran towards the emergency room to find Phana. As he ran down the corridor, he bumped into Phana at the nurses' station.