I loved the sound of his laughter so much that it made my chest constrict.

Finally, Ema and Yuusuke looked up from their secret conversation.

Fuuto lifted his phone and turned it, so the screen faced in my direction.

"I'm updating my social media," he explained, "talking to my fans and bull like that."

"You have never reacted to one of my comments," I complained, studying the Instagram profile carefully. "I'm hurt."

Fuuto paused for a second before he took his phone back again.

"There's a lot of you," he eventually commented. "It's impossible to react to everything."

The atmosphere had turned cold all of a sudden, and I couldn't understand what I had done wrong.

"I'm sorry," I said softly, "I didn't mean it like that."

Frustrated, Fuuto raked a hand through his hair, showing his eyes and forehead which were usually hidden by the caramel-coloured locks.

"You know that I don't mean it like that," he argued, aggravation audible in his voice. "It's just... Maybe you should go to my private page and not Asakura's page. Although I can imagine that that would be a disappointment," he mocked.

"A personal account!" I exclaimed, carefully avoiding to linger on his words.

Fuuto gave me a hard stare before he rearranged his features into a fake smile. "Silly," he said.

Unsatisfied, I plopped back into my seat, playing with the seatbelt which ran over my chest.

Ukyo glanced at me, a strange expression on his face. Curiously, I looked back, frowning at his amused smile.

Ema and Yuuskue had picked up their tête-à-tête again, sticking their hands together as they schemed something.

I knew Ema long enough to become apprehensive as the talking continued and Ema's smile grew in intensity. Fuuto was still occupied with his social media, brooding in the other corner of the car.

"We have arrived," Ukyo said as we turned up the driveway, the first to break the awkward atmosphere that hung in the car.

I kept sitting in my seat as the other left, waiting until the wheelchair was folded out next to me on the gravel.

Ukyo and Fuuto Just placed the folded wheelchair next to me as another car turned up the driveway.

"Hey, Ukyo," Natsume said, sticking his head out of the window from his sleek, black car. All Ema's brothers were loaded, weren't they?

Ukyo straightened his back and headed over to the black car.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I heard that Iori got into a fight and they called Masume to come over to the school, but he was unavailable. Apparently, they tried to call you next, but you didn't pick up your phone."

While Ukyo and Natsume kept talking in worried voices about what happened and how long ago they called Masume, Fuuto finished preparing the wheelchair. Ema and Yuusuke had moved over to Natsume too, so we were alone.

"The brakes aren't locked," I commented. Fuuto looked up with a smile.

"Thank you," he said, which was probably just an automatic reaction to what my advice.

"Shouldn't I be the one expressing my gratitude?" I asked gently.

Fuuto shrugged as he grabbed the back of the wheelchair with one and reached for the seat with the other. In a swift movement, he pressed down on the synthetic material, making the sides slide away from each other.