XXXIII • BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

Start from the beginning

"Where are you guys going?" The tomb to see Stefan, perhaps?

"She leads, I follow." Minerva shrugs it off as no big deal in a playful manner.

"Um, to see Stefan." Elena replied the truth awkwardly, not knowing how to lie to her closest best friend who practically knows everything about her.

Minerva adorably tilts her head in genuine wonder, "Really?"

Elena sends a quick glance at their friend behind her, "Yes, I'm not lying."

Minerva nods once to urge her on to do so, "Tell your face, Elena."

Elena scoffs in true offense by this pure disbelief, "Are you serious?"

Jeremy walks over from the living room, eavesdropping, to join them with a cute knowing smile on his handsome face, "She took the moonstone." Does his sister really think she could sneak out of there with an unbelievable lie?

Elena looks at her smart brother in genuine surprise, "How did you...?"

Minerva chuckles good-heartedly, "We tested you, and you failed. Sorry."

"Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she crossed him. I can't let that happen." Elena shakes her head, frightened of the great possibility. She doesn't want to end up like Katherine, who has been forced to live on the run because she's frightened of owning up to her own responsibilities. She ran because she's frightened her whole life; she's a coward, her actions are driven by her own fear and paranoia. Elena doesn't want to be like her.

Bonnie steps aside to let her go. Elena seems mildly puzzled by this gesture as she continues to walk down the stairs, alone this time, and opens the front door to walk out, though an invisible barrier prevents her just like the boundary spell casted on the tomb entrance, along with the upstairs room at the Lockwood manor during the night of the masquerade ball, therefore trapping her inside. She turns around, angry and upset, and glares at them.

"Seriously? What did you do?" She demanded from her witch best friend.

"Like a rat trapped in a cage, huh?" Minerva said, smiling in pure amusement, as she walks down the stairs to re-join the three of them.

"It's for the best, Elena." Bonnie looks at the cute boy, who's smiling.

Elena continues to try to break the magical barrier, only to no avail, and looks back at the caramel brunette, "Well, if I'm a rat, you are one too."

"Ooh, slight difference between us, hon: I'm immune to it. I can leave whenever I want." Minerva smugly stated, smiling, as she faces her as well.

****

Mystic Grill Restaurant

A medium-length platinum blonde-haired young woman, who seems to be in her mid-twenties with clear sky blue eyes and fair skin, dressed in a black T-shirt underneath her dark blue denim jacket, tight fitting skinny jeans and black boots, standing for around five feet nine tall seems unfamiliar to anyone around town as she walks in through the main front door of the place. She sees the bus boy, Matt Donovan, at a table and walks up to him.

"Hey, excuse me. Crazy question: do you know Tyler Lockwood?"

Who doesn't know who he is? Since Tyler Lockwood is the son of the Mayor; typically arrogant varsity jock who has a lot of girls lining up for him, really. He seems to be much inferior than his Uncle Mason though. Anyone would feel rather fortunate to be selected by a Lockwood to be anything they want them to be since the family is practically royalty in Mystic Falls, apart from the royal Salvatores and Kartwrights (since mostly everyone thought that these two families don't have anyone to continue the bloodline anymore). Although once it comes to Lockwood these days, everyone would say yes. Therefore, this simple question from an outsider is definitely crazy indeed.