XXXIII • BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

Start from the beginning

Bonnie slowly shakes her head, "Actually, he's in there because of Rosie. Because he's doing it for her, because you're her best friend. No offense, but it's what both Stefan and Damon are doing all these things for. It's for her." She seems rather amazed and slightly envious that Rosie Kartwright always revolves around the Salvatore brothers' orbit, with or without memories. Although it's most probably because they have been family friends for life. Therefore, whatever good deeds which they have done for any of them, it's for Rosie because they are her best friends. Rosie is always the main reason. Both Stefan and Damon are obviously vying for her affection. It's obvious.

Elena seems awkward and embarrassed by this, knowing that it's true, as if she's suddenly tongue-tied and dumbfounded by the clearly exposed truth.

"Look, you know what? I'm taking Stefan's side with this one. We're not going to let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual." Bonnie finished up for the sake of her best friend's safety, especially now that they have the moonstone back in their possession; they don't deserve to die for the curse.

Bonnie takes the stone from Minerva's right hand, holding it, when a completely healed Jeremy comes in, "What are you guys arguing about?" A smile shows up on his cute young face once he sees Bonnie present as well. She looks undeniably lovely when she's concentrating whether it's about magic or not, though of course she is now since she's holding the stone.

Minerva shakes her head a little, "Nothing that concerns you." She doesn't want this underaged boy to get involved in their rescue plan anymore when both Bonnie and Elena contemplated the same; he needs to be protected.

"We're not arguing about anything." Bonnie quickly puts the stone in her bag and exchanges a glance with the boy, "I need a coffee." She gets up.

"Get me one." Minerva asked nicely and their friend walks out of the room.

He looks at his sister, who spoke, once Bonnie is out of earshot, "What?"

A skeptical frown shows up, "Why are you on some suicide mission?" He knows his sister well enough that she's not siding with Bonnie and Minerva; Elena Gilbert would rather let herself to be sacrificed to save her loved ones instead of sabotaging the centuries-old ultimate plan to break the curse.

"I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt." Elena admitted, especially when it comes to her family-- him and Aunt Jenna are the only ones she have left; she's not going to lose them when she can lose herself. Perhaps she will see her beloved parents again, hopefully, in the afterlife.

"Oh so, bringing Klaus the moonstone so you can get yourself killed is okay?" Jeremy shakes his head as he walks away, feeling upset and disappointed of his sister's firm suicidal decision in order to protect them; he already lost their parents in that car accident, he can't bear the thought of losing his sister too; her and Aunt Jenna are the only family he have left. Therefore, he truly hates his sister for settling with this horrible decision. Which is the reason why they have to figure out a way to de-spell the stone.

"Not okay, because we're going to de-spell that stone." Minerva concluded.

Elena waits a beat and takes the moonstone from Bonnie's bag. She quietly speed-walks down the stairs and Minerva trails after her. Elena has her car keys in her hands. Bonnie is about to walk up the stairs and spots them; she averts her genuinely curious gaze between her two friends, smiling a little.