Nancy scowled. "So now what? How exactly were you expecting Mr. Archer to believe your claims?"

Gayle laughed. "Watch." She quickly reapplied some make-up and put on a wig. She turned to Nancy after giving it a nice floof. Nancy's heart sunk. "See, I go in as you and they won't suspect a thing, especially since I, or you, should I say, will be going in with the Tophams. Those last two times were just tests, and I simply took advantage of them, naturally. Of course you were in the company of several witnesses at the time, but that was part of the plan. See, now that they know that you can't be in two places at once, if you're just in one place and nowhere else, it must be the real Nancy Drew they're talking to. Brilliant, isn't it?"

Nancy's eyes widened. It was a pretty good plan. There was just one problem. Hopefully Jenny would call her father and stop the transaction. If only she could get to her phone! "You are smart, but why use that intelligence for evil?"

"Because evil is so much more fun!' said Gwen, throwing a few scarves in the air.

"Gwen, stop throwing things around!" Gayle berated her. Gwen stopped, but she was still smiling widely. Nancy pondered if she could get Gwen on her side, but that smile suggested she was sticking with her family. And the admiration she had in her eyes for her mother and her sister meant Nancy would have needed more time to convince her to do the right thing, and that was something she did not have. Not only that, but Nancy would have to talk to her alone, and she didn't think she was going to get that chance. It seemed Buddy was her only ally at this moment. Speaking of, where was he? WHy hadn't he made a move?

"Besides," said Jane, or Marion, breaking into Nancy's thoughts, "we did have to find a fast way to get back to the way we were living before." She gave her a little pout. "Being poor isn't fun."

"Glad you noticed," mumbled Nancy. "And here you are, stealing from the poor to give to yourselves."

Gwen giggled. "Kind of like Robin Hood!"

"Actually, Robin Hood stole from the rich to give to the poor," Nancy stated. She glared at them. "Meaning he would be stealing from you to give back to those who need it."

Gwen scoffed. "No wonder Deirdre doesn't like you. You're no fun!"

"No, she just doesn't like me because I'm smarter than she is," quipped Nancy with a deadpan face. The three glanced at her in shock before Marion and Gayle burst out laughing. Gwen didn't seem to get it.

"No argument there," said Gayle.

A knock came at the door and Gary Moreau, alias Richard Topham, stuck his head in. "We're almost there. Best get in position."

"Coming Daddy!' said Gwen as she dashed towards the door. The two went up on deck.

Gayle went to the mirror and touched up her make-up. She turned to Nancy with a sneer. "See you soon." Nancy didn't get a chance to talk back as Marion was gagging her. In a couple of minutes, she was all alone in the room. She tried to twist, she tried to squirm, but they tied the knots rather well. And she wasn't anywhere near a piece of glass or something sharp. Her thoughts turned to Buddy. Where was he? What was his plan? Couldn't he at least come in and give her some idea of what he had in mind? Put her mind at ease? But no one came into the room until the three returned, grinning from ear to ear with wicked triumph. Gayle opened the door, and Nancy saw Gary and Gwen heading to another part of the boat.

"We did it, Mommy!" Nancy heard Gwen say before Gayle closed the door. The next moment, they were moving again. Gayle took off the gag.

"Now what's going to happen?"