I smiled when I felt the familiar bulge nudging against my inner thigh. I pressed my hips against Jake in response, and a moan escaped his lips.  I knew that he was as ready as I was.

Without hesitation, I pulled my panties to the side and guided him inside me, fulfilling the need I'd been so desperate to subdue mere moments ago. Jake's eyes widened with amazement as I took control.

The tight sensation of Jake being inside of me made me moan, as I rocked my hips back and forth gently. Jake's hands found their way to my behind, as he alternated between caressing me and lifting me up and down, intensifying our mutual pleasure.

My hands fell on Jake's brawny chest, my fingernails scraping gently against his skin as he thrust inside of me. The feeling excited him, and he sighed with bliss. I felt like a goddess as I watched the inferno dancing in his dark brown eyes.

Jake picked up the momentum, entering deeper with every thrust. My breasts bounced with the movement, and Jake stared at them with desire. His lips found their way back to my breasts. The sensation of his member deep inside of me, combined with my mouth on my nipple, was too much. My movements slowed as I was brought to climax, whispering Jake's name fervently as if it was my dying breath. 

                         * * * * * * * * * *

The distraction of Jake's body had worked well... for a little while. Once the euphoria of our intercourse had worn off, my mind drifted back to the burn on his arm. I stared at it through dinner, unable to stomach the steak carnitas on my plate.

I had long ago accepted the fact that Jake and I would never be more than what we were. The fact that he was hurt shouldn't have bothered me any more than it would bother someone who was just a friend. Yet, I couldn't get the notion from my mind. Though our relationship wasn't supposed to be anything serious, the thought of losing him still made my heart ache.

It weighed heavy on my heart knowing that each time he walked out the door, there was a chance that he wouldn't come back home. But I kept my mouth shut. I wasn't Jake's girlfriend, and I didn't have a right to voice my opinion about his career. Especially not if I wanted to stay in his good graces.

The sound of the front door opening and closing brought me back to reality. Mariana came bounding into the kitchen, her red bottom heels clicking against the tile. I used her arrival as a diversion so that I could dab the moisture from the corner of my eyes with my napkin, hoping Jake wouldn't see just how upset I still was about his injury. 

"Sorry, I'm late! My meeting ran over," Mariana said, sitting down at the kitchen table. "Mmm, dinner smells amazing."

She began scooping rice and carnitas onto her plate while droning on and on about how pointless the conference was. No one else could get a word in, but nonstop chatter was just part of the charm of Mariana. Besides, I was too nauseous to contribute to the conversation, anyway.

Mariana was about midway through her dinner before the bandage on Jake's arm caught her attention. She nearly spit her food out on the table when she saw it.

"Are you okay?" she asked, reaching for his arm.

He winced at her touch. Jake pulled his hand away. "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine. What happened? Do you need to see a doctor?"

Jake sighed. "I've already been to the doctor, Mariana. Don't baby me," he snapped, causing her eyebrows to jolt upright.

Jake realized his harsh attitude and tried to make light of the situation. "It's no wonder the two of you get along so well," he said, gesturing between his sister and me. "You're both so dramatic. You get worked up over the smallest things," he chuckled, but Jake was the only one laughing.