XXXII • THE SACRIFICE

Start from the beginning

Rosie rolls her big doe hazel eyes in annoyance, "Thank God if that's the truth." She shakes her head a little, smiling adorably, "He's just rephrasing."

Elena slowly nods her head a little, "You don't believe her, do you?"

"No, of course not. We just want the moonstone." Rosie pointed out the necessity to break the curse; Katherine, however, can desiccate in peace.

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan begun after the phone call Rose received. Therefore, it's a good thing that they have Bonnie to do that for them.

"In that way, you get to live after evading the sacrifice." Rosie smiles again.

Elena itches the back of the top of her head, "Uhh, how do you destroy it?"

"By releasing it from the moonstone." Rosie simply replied with a shrug.

"As in, to de-spell it. How do you guys even know this is going to work?"

"We know because we have Bonnie the crafty witch on our side." Rosie said.

Elena nods a little, feigning amusement, "You discussed it with Bonnie." Of course their best friend wouldn't agree to this after what happened to Grams. It's traumatizing, and she doesn't want Bonnie to end up like her.

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us." Rosie spoke once again, hinting that this agreement is only there because Elena is greatly involved; they can't have her to be sacrificed to break the old sun and moon curse.

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone. She's not going to give it to you." Elena shakes her head in denial of the generosity which her doppelgänger is lacking of; Katherine doesn't care about anybody but herself. The moonstone is practically leverage at this point, though they need to have it.

"We know, but we're going to get it from her whether we like it or not." Rosie nods a little, "And rephrasing Damon, we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to." She shakes her head a little at that in denial, "But that's not going to happen because we don't have that much time." It's going to take them many years or even decades to completely desiccate her to the point of mummification due to extreme starvation. They can't wait.

"Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it." Stefan explained. Katherine had the upper hand against her enemies for five hundred years; it's their turn. Although of course she would oppose them.

"Wow. I mean, it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out."

Rosie seems rather pleased with themselves by this, "You're welcome."

Elena shakes her head, "Except for one thing. I don't want you to do it." She can't let them take the risk of putting her best friend's life in great danger. After what happened to Grams, she can't let the same happen to Bonnie. She would rather die in the sacrifice than letting her friend die for her safety. Otherwise, she couldn't live with that guilt pressuring her in her lonely life.