letter eighteen!

eighteen | 6th may 2000

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

Dear Edith,

It's been a while since I last wrote to you. Almost two months in fact. I'm sorry for that, but we've been really busy; you've been preparing your students for their exams, I think they're called GCEs, no, GCSEs. And I'm almost about to be made a proper Auror, so letter writing isn't really a priority. But all in all, things have been going so well, and I couldn't be happier.

We've been now going out for almost six months, that time has flown by. Milo is now almost fully grown, all seems to do is eat, sleep and chase his tennis ball. He's like your little baby, although he's now a bit too big to be picked up. You've been training to become deputy head of the English department, and I'm going on my first Auror mission next week. We've come so far in such a short space of time, and I'm over the moon; you bring so much light to my life.

Before I leave for the mission, I plan on telling you the truth. After all, I intend to marry you, I do love you after all. I'm going to get the secrecy contract from work on Monday, and then I can tell you everything and you can meet everyone. It seems surreal just writing that; the secret seems like such an old one that it's almost imbedded inside of me. And Merlin, I hate how it feels.

I can't wait to be able to be completely honest with you, it physically pains me to see you so frustrated with the fact I am so secretive with you. I just pray that you're open-minded, and don't think I'm a mad man once I tell you.

Harry xxx

edited 18/10/2020
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈