letter nine!

nine | 13th december 1999

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

     Dear Edith,

     I kissed you. Properly.

     I thought I ruined everything. You were silent for a while after I kissed you. I thought that I might have mis-read the signals, I never was good with girls. Just thinking about the shocked look on you face, with your doe eyes wide and mouth slightly agape, makes my hands go slightly clammy. Those mere seconds after I thought I had cocked everything up, felt like hours. I have a feeling the event will haunt me for the rest of my life.

     But then you smiled. You smiled so brightly and then you kissed me back. I don't really remember what happened after that, it all felt like a dreamy daze in which everything had melted into mist. However, there must have been muggle alcohol driving my system as I woke up this morning and you were lying next to me.

     I woke up first. It was ever so awkward, but I made you breakfast in bed for you to wake up to. I thought that would have been the most polite thing to do, given the circumstances. I was so scared of what might happen once you woke up. But when you did, you were so kind to me. You thanked me for breakfast with your beautiful smile and asked if I wanted to come with you for a walk in the park.

     I had to decline; stupid Auror training. I said it was an Army thing, so then you suggested for our sixth date we go to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. I couldn't believe you still wanted to go out with me after what had occurred, so of course I said yes. Christmas seems just that bit more magical now that you're around.

     Thank you for not giving up on me.

     Harry xxx

edited 18/10/2020
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈