{9}

■

Water droplets dripped from the book, singed marks covered it, you analyzed sadly as Izuku took his Hero Analysis notebook from the Koi pond. You moved closer, taking Izuku's hand in your hand while placing your other on his shoulder, "I'm sorry, Zuku," you whispered, if you had come into the room earlier, none of this would've happened.

Izuku shook his head, although his eyes had watered at the thought of his dreams actually being fish food, he was slightly disheartened but he turned with a small smile. "It's ok, it's not your fault," he said, looking down at his ruined notebook before a series of words flew through him, a memory. The first time he found out he was quirkless, he remembered how he felt, what his mother had said. He'd never have a quirk, maybe it was a foolish dream...

"My father used to say that, 'your dreams are worth the world, because someday the world may actually depend on it', you'll become a hero, Izuku," you flashed him an encouraging smile, squeezing his hand tightly as you stepped back to look at him.

Izuku felt the memory fade off. That's right...you believed in him. That he could become a hero someday. Despite the odds! He nodded almost absently, smiling genuinely this time, "Thanks (y/n), I'll be sure to remember those words," he beamed, before you both walked to the exit of the junior high school to leave.

He looks back down at his notebook, the burns across it make him frown, but the person behind the damage makes him sigh inaudibly. He's never seen Kacchan look so devastated and maybe even guilty when he walked over to you, if he could call it guilt but he knew Kacchan longer than anyone.

But, as you both stepped into the open street, he stopped, eliciting your concerned look, "Zuku?"

"Kacchan....he's waited just as long as I have to see you...." he began, wondering if he should actually do this. "I think you should see him," he gave you an encouraging smile, albeit small.

You looked bewildered. "No, Zuku. He hurt you, he hurt us both," you crossed your arm's, your eye's going from anger to hurt, "I can see him next week or something when he cools off or I do," you huffed.

Izuku chuckled slightly seeing you like this, you've always had a cool headed temper, usually it came out into avoidance, it was torture for anyone who knew you. "Kacchan...he's just angry. He's always been like that, he's prideful and confident, he's never had to apologize for anything. But, I know he's sorry about this," Izuku said thoughtfully, your eye's flickering to him. "He's always asked about you. He was so angry when you left, I knew he was sad, I knew he missed you just as much." You let out a breath, closing your eye's sadly. "You can meet me back at my apartment, mom would love to see you again," you turned to him fully at that.