I AM ADAM -- cH 1-5

57,000 words

I AM ADAM

A Novel by

JAMES  SHIPMAN TWERELL

I Am Adam]

Living Word Publications, Inc.

7 Dey Street

Suite 207

New York, NY10007

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. The publisher does not have any control over and does not assume any responsibility for author or third party websites or their content.

I Am Adam

Living Word Publications, Inc published by arrangement with James Terry Shipman Twerell

Copyright©2008 by Living Word Publications

This is dedicated to Janetta who took me through the door of life, and to Peter, who showed me the door. 

PREFACE

This is the book of generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him: male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Genesis 5:1,2

Chapter 1

The New Earth

High atop the quiet mountains a solitary figure stood and gazed across the landscape below. The early morning sun was weaving a pattern of light into the darkened terrain, and he pulled in the strength of the dawning of a new day. His name was Domatarious and his task was to guide all of creation toward the perfection of the plan set in motion by the thoughts of God. While not alone in this task, for he was part of the force known as Pantermums, this particular dawning found him feeling very alone and, for the first time in his journey, saddened.

"Why, with all the Love and Light in the creation, would the created choose to walk in shadow?" He asked himself quietly. "Of all the eternal places I have found, this Earth was always one of my favorites, but now it is rather plain. Well, not actually plain, simply not the reflection of the Universe I loved and admired when I was last here."

"Appreciating the new Earth or merely reflecting on the old one?" He felt her there even before he heard her words.

"Satari," he said, as he turned to her, "how wonderful to see you and feel your presence in this rather different place. You bring hope to me that some things may still be beautiful as they used to be."

As she took his hand in hers, he felt the transfer of her energy and was refreshed immediately.

"Domatarious," she said, "it is good to have you back and to be one with you again. Much has changed in this world, but the love of life is still a strong force between us." She moved closer and they stood and looked out over the growing light as it filled the world. "It has changed greatly my love," she spoke in a quiet voice, "but it is still a beautiful place in many respects and it is a place the God of All Good Things has created for pleasure."

He and Satari had journeyed many places in the Universe, and shared a bond that strengthened them in all their tasks. While he had been away from her for some time, they were always together in their deep love for each other.

"It appears the Earth has become a rather resistant part of the creation," he said as he once again looked out over the valley below. "I have never seen any part of the Universe ignore the Power of Love and Light as has happened here on Earth. It would be so much easier if they chose to follow the beauty of God's Love and Light, and enjoy a journey filled with peace and joy. It is ever so sad when the creation chooses to trust in its own understanding and not follow the plan of God, and then experience a difficult journey. It is clear that ultimately, all of creation will follow the plan of God's Love and Light, for that is the only conclusion of God's creation. How else can it be when the God of the Universe creates all things to meet perfection?"