Chapter 17

Down below, on the twins side.

"Shit! I fucking told you Jeanne! Its not worth it! We gave everything to this kingdom! To this country! What did we received?! Betrayal! They fucking left us here to die!"

Yelled the platinum blonde haired girl towards the golden haired one, as she continue slaying demons with her flag.

The golden haired girl, Jeanne, did not reply and just continue on slaying demons with her flag.

"Hey Jeanne! Say something! You should've listened to me! We shouldn't have listened to those angels! We shouldn't have stayed here and protected those people! It's not worth it!"

Jeanne gritted her teeth, even though they have been betrayed, even though she knew that the angels have abandoned her, she still wanted to protect them.

She did not hate them, even though it hurts her, she still wanted to protect the place where they were born. If her death could save many people, then she would gladly give up her life.

Then, she said, "You might think like that Jalter, but for me It's all worth it! Even if they betrayed us, left us here to fend for ourselves, its all worth it! This is the mission that Lord gave me!"

Listening to their conversation, Zeth and his wives, who are comfortably sitting and watching the war below in the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, couldn't help but feel pity for the two.

They believed the words of the angels about the 'god' who did not even exist, well technically 'he' exist but, you get it right?

Suddenly, the Jeanne has her chest pierced by a sword, making her stop attacking the demons, then another sword pierced her shoulders, then her stomach.

The platinum blonde haired twin of Jeanne, or rather, Jalter, saw this and ran towards Jeanne, intending to help her elder twin sister.

"Jeanne! Bastards! Out of my way!!"

Jalter decapitates all demons on her way, she can easily do it as all of them were weaker than her, most of them are only at storm level, while she and Jeanne are at half-heavenly level.

She killed demons around her and Jeanne as she held Jeanne's body closer to her, feeling her breathing, she sighed in relief before her expression turned grim.

Demons already surrounded them, she was already tired, tears were flowing in her eyes the demons approached her and her sister.

She closed her eyes, waiting for her demise, she waited, and waited, and waited, yet the feeling of those weapons piercing her body did not came.

She slowly opened her eyes, only to see the army of demons lying on the ground, headless. And there, standing in front of her, was a man who looked to be 17-18yrs old.

He has a bright silver hair, which made hers looks like dull gray, those deep pitch black eyes that seems to be pull one's soul in, and that face which seems to be sculptured by the very heavens themselves.

All in all, he was the most handsome and perfect man she have ever seen in her entire life.