Chapter Twenty-Four

Depuis le début

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"My hair. Jeanist fucked with it. I can't get it back to normal..." He groaned. I could hear the sound of him trying to brush his hair roughly.

"Oh? I wanna see!"

"Over my dead fucking body." He growled.

I chuckled. "Hang on a sec." I said as I turned back to the tub. Slowly, I slipped into the tub and lowered myself into the hot water, letting out a soft moan as I felt the water around me.

"Wh-what the hell are you doing over there?!" Katsuki stuttered.

I blushed slightly. "Sorry. You called when I started getting ready for a bath. This tub has jets." I said excitedly.

"Don't make that shit noise again." He almost hissed on the other end.

"Ohh? Does it bother you?" I teased him, giggling. He started yelling and cursing on the other end. I could almost imagine what the scene looked like from strangers.

"Hey, Katsuki?" I interupted him, causing him to go silent.

"Midnight already told me she won't be home tomorrow at all. Is it alright if I hang out with you and your family?" I asked, swirling the steaming water around my hand. I half expected him to reject my request.

"I don't give a shit." Was his reply. 

"Thank you." I responded. "We should get to bed. Early day tomorrow, you know?" 

"Tch. Yeah. Whatever. Night." Click. 

I smiled, tossing my phone aside. I really, really couldn't wait to see him tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~

It was early morning, and Todoroki and I were already on our train ride home. Endeavor didn't see us off, which didn't surprise me one bit. Todoroki didn't seem like he cared, either.

We rode mostly in silence, sitting next to each other. He was next to the window, his palm resting on his chin as he watched the scenery pass by us.

"Do you think we improved?" I asked, breaking the silence.

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye. "I think so. Especially... When we fought Stain." He muttered the last part.

I nodded, looking at my still bandaged hand. "Does it still hurt?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "Only when I ball my fist or put pressure on it." I told him, smiling to reassure him.

"I have a feeling Katsuki is going to be mad at me, though. I'm going to have to tell him I got these injuries from training.." I hated lying to him.

I noticed Todoroki letting out a soft sigh. "You two are close?" He asked.

I had to think for a moment. Were we? I wanted to consider us good friends, considering just about every night we texted or called each other. Giving us updates on how our internship was going. Our conversations never did last too long, though.

"I think we're friends? I'm not sure what to label us." I shrugged, hoping that was a good enough answer.

"I see." Was his response.

We sat in silence for a while. When I was about to say something, I noticed he had fallen asleep against the window. I chuckled softly. He looked peaceful like this.

When we finally arrived to our destination, I gently shook him. "Shoto? We're here."

"Hunh?!" He jolted up. I laughed and he blushed slightly. "Sorry.." He muttered, standing up and gathering his things.

"It's alright." I said as I followed him out of the train. 

I stretched as soon as we got outside. "Feels good to be off that thing." I said as he nodded.

"Hot Head!" I heard my wonderful nickname. Turning, I almost died laughing.

"Y-YOUR HAIR!" I cried, tears rolling down my cheeks. Todoroki had to turn away to hide his smile, too.

"Shut the fuck up I can't get it back to fucking normal." Katsuki growled at me, looking back and forth between Todoroki and I.

"Aye, you got a problem, Icy Hot?!" He growled, small sparks forming in his hands.

Todoroki rolled his eyes at the fuming blonde. "(Y/N), if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. I'll be leaving now." He said to me as I nodded. "Thank you."

We both watched him as he left, and when he was finally out of view, I turned to Katsuki. Before I could get a word out, however, he grabbed me by my wrist and looked at my bandages. "What the fuck?" He asked, angry. He looked in the direction Todoroki went. "I'll kill that fuckface." He was about to chase him down, before I stopped him.

"It's my fault. I got careless during training. It's nothing, I promise." I said, gripping his arm tightly.

Grinding his teeth, he looked back at me. "Any other injuries?" He asked.

I gulped. "Uh, my shoulder, stomach, and my upper thigh.." I answered, afraid of what he was going to do.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go kill him." He tried leaving again, but I held on tighter to his arm.

"Can we just enjoy today? Seriously. I missed your stupid face." I pouted, sticking my tongue at him.

"Who you callin' stupid face?" Katsuki responded, looking down at me as I held onto his arm.

"Ugh. Whatever. Let's go to my place." He said as he snatched my suitcase from me, carrying it for me. 

"I can do that myself." I said as I let go of his arm, and followed him closely.

"Shut up." He groaned. Together, we walked to his house.

"Where are your parents?" I asked as we finally made it to his house. Mitsuki had drove us there, and I kind of wondered if she was going to pick us up. But when we arrived to his house, it was empty.

"They're on some sort of vacation for the weekend. They'll be back tomorrow." Katsuki answered as he dropped our suitcases on the floor of his living room and plopping on his couch. He sighed, relieved. I could tell he really missed being home.

Sitting beside him, I leaned back on the couch and just enjoyed being here. "I'm not sure when, or if, Midnight will be home tonight." I told him. He opened one eye, looking at me through the side of his eye.

"Guess we have the day to ourselves? I dunno about you, but I just wanna relax and be a vegetable after this entire week. Although..." I stared at him, and he looked at me, confused.

"I'm gonna have to fix your hair. I can't take it." I snickered, before running from the couch and him chasing after me, yelling obscene things. "I CAN'T HELP IT!" He cried out, chasing me around the living room before finally catching me, grabbing hold of my good arm and pulling me close.

I blushed, looking up at him. I was against his chest at this point. Our faces were only inches apart. His angry crimson eyes melted into soft ones. His free arm wrapping around my waist, pulling me as close as he could.

"I.. Missed you.." He whispered, closing his eyes and leaning his forehead against mine.