Chapter 24

**Author's Note!**

So, this has no relevance to the story but I just felt like telling you. I'm being Mila for Halloween (which is tomorrow) and my wig came in! It's great, I'm so excited! I'm not trick or treating because I'm too old now, *sigh* but I am going to hand out candy so there will be a bunch of little kids like 'Who the hell are you?' And I'll be like 'A character from a show you've never heard of.' I can't wait! 

Also- Happy birthday Otabek!! (This is in reality, not the fic; his birthday is October 31st)!! I love him so much, honestly, it's a bit scary how deep my mania for this show and its characters goes. Okay, A/N over now, thanks for listening! Enjoy!

December 16th, 2025-Two Days Later-

Yuri's POV

I sit on the couch with my daughter in my arms. My daughter. I'm unable to take my eyes off of her; so tiny and so perfect I'm still not entirely sure she's real. She sleeps softly, her beautiful green eyes shut, eyelashes fluttering slightly. I gaze down at her, so in love with the tiny creature, that I don't notice as my husband sits down beside me. 

"Yuri," He says and gently touches my arm before I raise my head, unwilling to look away from the little pink bundle. I meet his eyes,

"Fuck, already?"

"I don't know how they did it," I glance back at the infant, 

"We're not waking her up,"

"I'm not insane," He replies with a small teasing smile, "But they've found us nonetheless," I sigh and roll my eyes,

"I guess we're lucky it isn't sooner. Knowing Victor he'd have come on the day she was born if Yuuri hadn't stopped him- no common sense," He laughs,

"God, do we know that," He checks the clock, "We should have about half an hour," I nod and glance around the room, making sure the floor is clear before standing up. I do so with only slight pain- an improvement- and start for the nursery, hoping to deflect Sacha from the lunatic couple's reign of terror for as long as possible. I set her down gently in the cradle, freezing before removing my arms, praying she'll remain asleep. She does and I quietly leave the room, escaping into the hallway before walking normally once more.

I return downstairs and join my husband in the kitchen, needing lunch before taking on the challenge ahead. We're almost finished when the doorbell rings. I groan and raise my eyes to the ceiling; knowing even before the cries come through the baby monitor that she's been woken up. We split, Otabek letting the duo in as I ascend the stairs to comfort the screaming infant.

I lift her carefully from the bassinet, holding her to my shoulder and patting her back gently, calming her down. She quiets and I stay up there for a while, not wanting to greet the company I know will be waiting in the living room, and, more importantly, not wanting to subject my daughter to it. When I do, at last, make my way back to the first floor, Sacha in tow, I can't believe what I find.

Yuuri and Victor, I knew they would be coming. What I did not expect, however, were Maria and Mila, both eagerly listening to something Otabek's saying. Their backs are to me, except for my husband, who seems to notice me approaching and shoots an apologetic glance at me, not that he needs to, I knew they'd do something like this.

I step the livingroom and inwardly compose myself; Here we go, into battle.

"Yurio!" I mentally wince at Victor's enthusiastic voice (that is not my goddamn name!!) and physically repeat the action as the loud noise startles Sacha. She starts crying and immediately everyone turns to look at me as I attempt to console her, shushing and cooing with the best of them. I shoot Victor an annoyed glance as Sacha adamantly continues crying despite my best efforts. Otabek, obviously seeing me struggle, comes over and, after receiving a knowing glance from him, I relinquish the baby. Eventually, he succeeds in getting her to quiet but her face remains flushed and obstinant; she is not in a good mood. Then again, neither am I. This was her first encounter with Victor so I really can't blame her.