F.M ~ 1

This is my first ever imagine, so don't expect this to be any good, honestly these are a skill!

This idea was given to me by Mialailani a few weeks ago, and I've changed it slightly just to add a bit more emotion. Hopefully you still enjoy it!

December 1976

Love of my life
You've hurt me
You've broken my heart
And now you leave me

I smiled to myself as Freddies soft voice serenaded in my ear. A feeling of quiet, calm content washed over me as his fingers played with the tips of my hair.

Freddie and I had been together for 6 years, on and off. We had our moments but in the end we always came back to each other, knowing full well neither of us could live without each other.

We often did this, just sat here in silence on the sofa, legs tangled together and my head on his shoulder. I didn't get to see Freddie much anymore, considering he's been on tour so much. Recently, I'd been moved to the night shift at the hospital 3 times a week, as well, so days where neither of us had to leave the house like this were what we treasured most.

Today we had some BBC sitcom on in the background, but we weren't particularly paying attention to it. I was more focused on the sound of my beautiful boyfriend's voice.

"You're so beautiful Y/N." After all these years, Freddie never failed to make me blush. I turned my body round to face him.

"Look at yourself sweetheart." He refused to meet my eyes at this compliment and my heart broke. Freddie had always been insecure, because he felt he was an outsider. But I knew the real Freddie, and he was wonderful.

"Freddie you're absolutely stunning, don't you dare think otherwise." He gave me a grateful smile, but quickly covered his teeth. I sighed, taking his hands.

"Everything about you is stunning." This time he gave me full toothy grin, bringing his lips to mine gently.

"I love you Y/N." My eyes widened and so did his as he realised what he said.

We might have been together for 6 years, but never have those words come out of Freddies mouth. I don't know why, I suppose the prospect of love had never come up in conversation. In the early days, the times we weren't at each other's throats was spent apologising or working, so there was a never an I love you.

Since I started my night shift, I've been so tired, so our conversations are limited anyway. So it doesn't come as a surprise that his words shocked me.

"I-I'm sorry that just slipped I-I didn't mean it!" I didn't deny the sting of his words. Freddie didn't love me. Just as I was ready to say it back, to think we had left our fighting days behind us.

"What do you mean you didn't mean it? You can't just a tell a girl you love them and then retract it!" Guilt flashed on his face briefly, before he got up abruptly, leaving me cold.

"I-I um, I'm sorry Y/N!" With that, he disappeared upstairs, slamming the door. I buried my face in my hands, work stress suddenly catching up with me.

I was hurt, but part of me couldn't believe he didn't love me. I knew Freddie better than anyone, he was so insecure, he probably thought I didn't feel the same. That's what I was telling myself anyway.

The thing was, I did feel the same. I had grown to love Freddie Mercury more than anything. Even if he wasn't ready for love, even if this means we separate. I wanted him know. He had to know.

Swallowing my pride, I walked up the stairs and knocked on the shut door.

"F-Freddie, can I come in?" I got no response.

"Please sweetheart. Let me talk to you." After what seemed like forever, he spoke.

"What is there to talk about?"

"You know exactly what."

"I-I already said I didn't mean it. Let's just move on, we shouldn't argue about something so petty, I'm sorry for storming off!" I groaned loudly.

"No Freddie, I don't want you to move on. Why is such a big deal that you love me? We've been together for 6 years!" At this, the door was swung open wide.

"Why is it such a big deal? Y/N I just told the girl of my dreams a feeling that she could never ever reciprocate!" I almost smiled to myself. God I know that man better than himself sometimes I swear.

"Why wouldn't she reciprocate those feelings?" His face visibly softened.

"B-because she's the most gorgeous woman I've ever laid eyes on, and I'm just me. The paci who doesn't know where he belongs." I fought back tears at the vulnerability in his voice and took his face in my hands.

"Well I know exactly where you belong. Here, with me. I love you too Freddie Mercury." He let out a watery laugh and crashed his lips against mine.

"You're the love of my life Y/N. You'll be mine until the day I die."

That he was. In fact, down to the last second. Y/N held his frail body close to hers, as the last embers of life faded from his eyes. As he took in his last laboured breath, Y/N leant down and whispered.

"I will never stop loving you."

And she didn't.