Don't be so harsh, brother

After landing in Colorado the four friends made their way to the Uber that was waiting for them outside the airport. Colby shifts his gaze from the floor, to a grumpy looking Jake. After making sure the other two guys are further ahead of them, Colby places a hand on Jake's shoulder, "Hey, Jake." He says softly as they both slow their walking.

Jake's brown eyes find Colby's blue ones, "Hey." He says shortly, his mouth is formed into a frown. Colby sighs before speaking, "About earlier..." the older man shifts slightly, "I think Tara just feels lonely. I mean, you guys just got together, so maybe she just wanted to spend sometime with you." Colby explains quickly.

The man in front of him only shakes his head, "I get that, but she can't just be pissed at me because I went on this trip. I-" Jake is about to finish his sentence when he stops himself, "Never-mind, I'm sorry for bothering you with this." He gives Colby a smile before jogging away to catch up with others. With a sigh, Colby does the same.

•••
As he climbs into the Uber, Colby feels his phone vibrate with a notification. He buckled himself in before pulling his phone out; Colby smiles when he sees who it's from.

Kat, 12:34 pm
How is it going? No panic attack, right?

Colby smiles as he reads the text. He feels so lucky to have Kat in his life. As much as he would like to be able to talk to Sam about the whole situation going on around him, he can't. The male is too scared that Sam will get awkward around him, or won't accept him. Pulling himself out of his thoughts, Colby starts to reply to Kat.

Me, 12:40
I'm fine right now. We're in an Uber, making our way to The Stanley. No panic attacks, but I feel so weird around Jake today. I'll call later and explain.

After rereading his message, Colby presses send. He happily puts his phone away, ready for later so he can call Kat and explain the whole day to her. Colby turns his attention next to when he feels someone starring at him. Sam is looking at the dark haired man with suspicion, "Was that Kat?" His voice sounds different to Colby, almost cold. With a flinch, Colby nods his head; he watches as Sam's stare turns into a glare.

The blonde is about to say something when their driver tells them that they're there. All the tension is forgotten when they spot the hotel in front of them. While beautiful, the building gives off a vibe that make each man shiver.

"Lets go get our room key." Sam says, Colby flinches when he hears the harshness in his tone.

As Sam leads the way to the front desk, Colby can't help but overthink things. The man doesn't like how Sam is acting towards him right now, no doubt because he's acting so suspicious with Kat. Colby knows that he needs to explain the situation to Sam, but he isn't sure if — when the time came— he could do it.

After a shake of his shoulders, Colby focuses on what's going on. When he looks up, Sam is holding a key, and Corey has a hand on his shoulder. With a quick apology, Colby start to film the hotel. He chuckles when he catches Jake jumping around the lobby like five year old.

Filming the lobby got a bit boring, so Colby suggested that they go to their room. Sam nods his head before leading the other three guys up the stairs, and to their room.

•••
Colby glides the camera smoothly across the room, making sure to get just about everything on camera — just incase it somehow moves. After getting more than enough footage, Colby throws himself down on one of the beds in the room. He lets himself close his eyes, but is shocked when he feels another body plop down on the same bed. Colby looks up and sees Jake's tall form sprawled out on the bed; he smiles at the thought of sharing a bed with Jake.

"...and we can just take a break now, and film more in a couple hours."

Colby looks over to see Sam explaining the plan to Corey — the only one listening. Colby sighs happily at the thought of being able to take a nap. Just when he's about to lay back down, Colby catches Sam's eyes. The blonde man motions for Colby to follow him. The dark haired man feels dread in his stomach as he hoists himself up, and makes his way to the door.

•••
Just outside their room, a stressed Sam Golbach is pacing the hallway. Colby clears his throat to get his best friends attention, but regrets his decision when Sam's worried look turns into an angry one.

Sam stomps his way over to him, "Explain." He says fiercely.

Colby flinches, "Wh-What?" His voice come out frightened and shaky.

Sam only shakes his head as he runs an angry hand down his face, "Don't act stupid, Cole!" His voice his cold, and it makes Colby feel uneasy.

"Is this... Is this about Kat?" Colby asks softly, too scared to raise his voice.

Sam nods his head quickly, "Yes!" He shouts.

Colby turns his attention to the floor, "Look, it's not what you think."

"Oh, it isn't?!?" Sam shouts again, his face turning as red as the sweatshirt he's wearing.

Colby backs up from Sam, "I'm just going through some shit, Sam. She's just... She's just helping me." Colby explains as he looks back up at Sam with tears running down his face, he feels a panic attack inching its way into his mind.

The fierce look in Sam's eyes calm down some, "What kind of 'shit', Colby?" His voice still sounds harsh as he looks Colby in the eyes.

     Colby shakes his head, "I-I... can't." He hates himself for not being able to tell Sam, but he's still worried that the man will hate him for his sexuality.

     Sam shakes his head, "So, you can go to my girlfriend about a problem, but you can't go to me — your best friend?" He says tensely, his eyes showing betrayal and anger.

     Finally loosing his patience, Colby scoffs and shakes his head, "Oh, don't start." He mumbles.

"No!" Sam shouts, "Since when can you not come to me?" He complains as he steps closer to Colby.

     Colby snorts, "When I realized you wouldn't understand!" He didn't mean to snap, but his patience was growing slim.

     Colby's blue eyes watch as Sam falters, shocked that Colby feels that way, "W-What? Of course I would un-understand!" He argues.

     With a shake of his head, Colby places a hand on Sam's shoulder, "Not this one, Sammy." He says softly.

"Just know that nothing is going on with Kat and I; she's just helping me get through this situation. I promise, when I'm ready I'll tell you." Colby explains with a smile.

      Colby goes to walk away, but Sam quickly pulls him in for a tight hug.

"You're right, I might not understand, but I guarantee I'll be there for you." Sam whispers in Colby's ear.

     When he pulls away from the hug, Colby smiles at Sam — making sure he knows that he understands. Colby turns on his heel and heads back to the room, a small smile on his lips.

     With a plop, Colby lands in the same spot on his shared bed with Jake. The warmth coming from Jake's sleeping form pulls Colby into a blissful sleep.