Moment of Change

It’s funny that call it a gift. I called it a curse, at least at first. It was given to us by our enemy after all. You give gifts to people you love. It’s a token of the relationship. Some people give gifts just because they love to give gifts, no occasion of any kind needed, just the joy of the action itself. But this is different. What the invaders have done is not a gift, it’s an atrocity. I would even say an insult. You humans are too boring, not good enough so we will take it upon ourselves to improve you. Our resale value wasn’t as high without the upgrades. {{spits}} Who the hell are they to play gods with our DNA? What they didn’t count on was the power of individualism. They are too group oriented. Our inalienable free will has cost them dearly. The gifts they’ve given us will be the means of their demise.

            It might me a curse but I am glad for it. There is a perverse pleasure in turning their handiwork against them. I can’t say I am proud of this. I feel like I have lost some of my humanity, that too would be their fault, but I also know that I am not alone in this sentiment. What they have done is on the same lever, or worse than the Nazi’s and I don’t know of any person who wouldn’t take down a Nazi if we had known what we know now of their crimes against humanity. I don’t plan on making it easy for them and if I die trying at least I will have the peace of mind knowing that I did not sit idly by while humanity was flushed down the drain of the universe by a bunch of profiteering lowlifes like the Reign.