There's A Boy in my Bed - 29

Start from the beginning

He pulls off of her, pecking her roughly - his starving lips barely able to survive without the nutrients of her mouth.

"I love you so fucking much Sunshine." Did he just call her Sunshine?  I thought I was his Sunshine.  Wow.

 His confessions kisses her lips as they stare at each other in the eyes, his whisper drowning them both in lust;  the hallway a meagre host for their make out session.  My eyes merely witness to the epitome of hormonal teenage love.

I watch in horror as he reconnects his lips with hers, my mouth ajar at the sight - the movement of their lips stalling my body;  impeding on my ability to do something;  anything;  helpless as tears begin to stab the corners of my eyes.

I conjure a dam of self-will to hold back the tsunami of tears welling around my lens;  gathering;  building;  containing.

As he pushes off of her and stalks walking away, my body activates flight mode - exiting around the corner and sprinting off;  the energy feeding my pace deriving from hurt and anger - glimpses of Elliot's face turning my vision red.

Slowly I come to a halt as I make it back to the crowd unspotted, my unsteady breathing following me back to my seat.  I slump down into the chair, disregarding the fast paced game in front of me:  the football game incomparable to the tumultuous hurricane pelting my chest.

"Hey Sunshine.  Sorry I took so long!  I was talking to my little sister on the phone."  Elliot's soft voice snaps me out of my mental cell, the thoughts  and memories of him kissing that random girl imprisoning me;  trapping me:  scattered breaths of air trying to invade my shaky lungs. 

In an attempt to maintain my facade, I plaster on a smile - his denim blue eyes unable to pierce through my emotional veil.

"It's okay."  I whisper out, unable to convert my internal sorrow into words.  He slyly intertwines our fingers, his scaly skin a cold contrast to the inferno blazing in my chest.  My attempts to watch the game are disrupted by him:  his hand, his breathing, his smiling, his everything - every single aspect of him now grotesque and off-putting.  

I let the game go on, Elliot oblivious to my fury - his touch the same sensation of the electrocution:  really fucking annoying.  

The crowd erupts into cheer as our team scores the final touchdown, wrapping up the game and bringing home the victory.

"YAY!  WE FUCKING WON!"  Elliot screams into my ear, pulling me up as he starts banging his hands together in applause.  Even the way he claps is annoying.

The crowd quietens down as our team lines up on stage to take the trophy, Harvey's golden locks bouncing up and down as he starts twerking in victory - terribly at that.  Casey pulls his helmet off as he steps to the front of the stage, the trophy tucked neatly under his armpit.

"WE DID IT!  WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIPS!"  He screams into the microphone, reigniting the passionate crowd.  "Quiet down, quiet down;  I have a few things to say."  The crowd adheres to his instructions, everyone returning to their seats - his voice able to calm a whole stadium. 

I unwrap my fingers from Elliot's, shoving them into my pocket.  His eyes roam over me, my stance indicative of my distress as I shuffle away from him;  the armrest preventing me from going any further - trapping me next to him.  His attempt at putting his hand on my shoulder is foiled as I nudge it off, focusing my attention on Casey's speech instead.

"I love my teammates.  I really do;  I couldn't of won this championship without them - they've had my back since day one."  His team mates pat him on the back, my brother wrapping his arm around his best friend - standing proudly by his side.

"But love comes in many forms."  He continues, holding everybody's attention effortlessly.  "Love is love.  And like I love my team mats, I love someone else."  The breath in my throat pauses - clutching onto every single last words.  I nearly fall off my chair as I lean forward, longing to get closer to him.

"And like the love for my team, the love for this person is eternal and infinite.  And that's why I wanted to say...I'm Casey...I'm gay...and I'm in love with Danté Evans."  My jaw drops as the crowd starts murmuring, their eyes shrewdly scanning around and identifying me.

The tidal wave of emotions obliterates the dam holding back my tears, Elliot's face coming into view as he starts talking to me - his words inaudible through my distress.  I cast my gaze at Casey, his eyes looking back at me.  Staring at me.  Only me.  He did it.  He really did it.  The one thing I wanted him to do, and he did it.

The weight of both of the event's that've happened tonight culminate to this point - overwhelming me.

"Sorry Casey."  I whisper as I bolt through the crowd and run out the stadium gate, a glimpse of his heartbroken face plastered in my mind as I run away - my chaotic thoughts silenced by my heavy panting as I continue running.

Elliot cheating.  Casey confessing his love in front of the whole fucking town.  Don't do this to yourself Danté;  just keep going.

Run Danté run.

A/N

Hello!  Sorry this chapter took a few more days than usual, I just didn't want to write it because I knew how it was going to end:  tragically.

Leave your thoughts about the chapter, and specifically about Casey and Elliot, below in the comments!  :)

Also, I was wondering if maybe I should write the next chapter from someone else's P.O.V., let me know if you'd like that!

Thank you for sticking by me and for reading my book;  and I hope you have a great day! :D

- YOP