extended summary

Repeating History

"you treat them as if they have a heart like yours but not everyone else can beas soft and as tender as you"

they have a heart like yours
but not everyone else can be
as soft and as tender as you"

-rupi kaur

SERENA BLACK growing up thought she had it good, two parents who loved her unconditionally and a roof over her shoulders. But as she aged and she understood more about life, she saw the way that things at home just weren't so perfect. She noticed how her father rarely left the home — riddled with Black family artifacts and remnants. She noticed the cold demeanor and temper her mother held, especially toward Regulus. She couldn't even ask a question about the two families she came from without being snapped at.

When she got to Hogwarts, it was easier to find out more about her family history — especially when her estranged uncle was a professor at Hogwarts. The Gryffindor never tried to reach out to him, although, it felt as though she couldn't do that. She knew her father had not spoken to Sirius since he left Hogwarts, since before her father almost died during his efforts to destroy Voldemort.

But it seemed history repeats itself when it comes to the Black family, because just after her fourth year Serena found herself on the doorstep of her best friends home. Saying she couldn't quite take the feeling of being at that house anymore — it was just that Harry Potter (who wasn't her friend in any way) didn't want to see another Black end up the way his Uncle Sirius did. So he made it his mission during the fifth year to show Regulus and Marina — her mother — what they did wrong to push their daughter away. While also bringing together an uncle and a niece to form a bond that they didn't know they needed. Maybe it also brings together a boy and a girl who were desperately meant for each other as well.

CAST !

the messy teenagers

LILY COLLINS
as
SERENA BLACK

LILY COLLINS asSERENA BLACK