Chapter 1

Alexis's POV

I was running through the forest in my wolf form. I was a pure white wolf with blue eyes. In my human form I had blond curly hair and blue eyes. I stopped at a stream and drank some water. I sat at the stream just listening to the birds chirp and all the sounds of the animals. Then I heard the sound of a twig crack in the distance and smelled people. I took off running in the other direction. I didn't realize I was so close to the edge of the woods and heard more people. I saw a man with a gun and tried to run. I thought he missed but I felt a sharp pain in my left leg. I tried to run but my legs gave out and I dropped to the ground. I started feeling dizzy and then everything went dark. I woke up in a place that smelled of humans. I tried to get up and run but I was in a cage. I looked around to try to find a way out but I couldn't. The lock was on the outside. I went to the back of the cage and started howling. Even though I know no one was coming for me. My pack wants nothing to do with me. I heard a door open and two women stared to come towards my cage. I backed up right to the back of the cage and growled at them. I could sense they were nervous but they still came to me.

"It's okay girl. We just want to check you out. We won't hurt you." One of the women said. I just kept on growling. I didn't know who they were and I didn't want them touching me. They entered very cautiously and came towards me. I pushed myself against the wall and lowered my body to the ground and growled. They had something in their hands and they were trying to put it around my neck. I tried to move and run out the cage but they caught me and it tightened around my neck. I tried to squirm out of it but it didn't work. They dragged me to another room and put me on a table. They put something around my muzzle and it was tight. Once they did that I tried to run off the table but someone grabbed me. I tried to bite them but the thing on my muzzle was too tight.

"It's okay. Calm down girl." One lady said in a soothing voice. I realized there was no way to get away. I was thinking about changing into my human form and running out but one of our number one rules is to never tell anybody about what we are, so I couldn't. The only one we are allowed to tell is our mate, if they are human but I haven't found mine. I let them pet me and check some things out.

"What breed is she?" One lady asked.

"I am not sure. She looks like she is part wolf." The other said. Well they aren't wrong. A man came into the room.

"Who do we have here?" He asked.

"We found her in the wood." Said one of the ladies.

"Have you checked her over yet?" He asked and they nodded. He then started to touch me and I didn't like him touching me, so I started squirming and tried to bite him. I couldn't because of the stupid thing on my muzzle. He moved back a bit and waited for me to calm down. I could sense how tense the ladies were but he was calm.

"She is just scared. She is probably not used to being around humans. It's okay girl. I just want to check to make sure you're okay." He said but I still didn't really like him touching me. They latched my leash to the table and went to the other side of the room.

"We need to give her some needles." He said and I started to panic a little. I wouldn't let them come near me because I was squirming. Just then I smelt a very sweet smell and one thing came to mind "MATE!" I looked around to see who it was and he came into the room. He was the hottest guy I have ever seen. He had beautiful green eyes and his hair was light brown and slicked back. He was pretty fit and had light skin. I tried to pull myself towards him but I couldn't get off the table. I got frustrated and started howling and whining trying to get his attention. He looked at me and smiled. He came over to me.

"Hey girl. You are so beautiful." He said and I tried to lick his face but the thing was on me. I rubbed into him, breathing in his scent. He laughed at how hard I was trying to get him to pet me. He had the cutest laugh.

" Wow she must really like you Shawn because she won't even let us touch her. She tried to bite us." The man said with a look of shock. He even had a cute name.

"I guess she just really likes me." Shawn said petting my head.

"Could you help us since she clearly likes you?" One of the women asked.

"Sure I would love too. Can I take off the muzzle?" Shawn asked with a smile.

"Sure." The man said. Shawn took the muzzle off of me and it felt so much better. I really hated that thing. I started licking his face and he laughed.

"Okay girl. Thank you. What would you like me to do?" Shawn asked the man.

"We were about to give her some needles. She won't like it but maybe she will be less rowdy for you." He said and I got nervous. Why won't I like it? Is it going to hurt? Shawn pet my head and told me it was okay. He got the needle and put it in my leg and I whined because it hurt.

"I know girl. It's okay. See look it doesn't hurt anymore." I licked him again.

" There you go." He said and handed the needle to the man.

"You know when she is ready to be adopted, you should take her. She really loves you already." The man said with a smile. I was starting to like him. Shawn laughed.

"Maybe. She is adorable." He said and gave me a nice neck rub. My mother used to do that to me but I don't really like to talk about it.

"We should probably put her back in her cage." I howled and whined because I didn't want to leave Shawn. They allowed him to bring me back to the cage. He put me in and closed the door. I howled again and started pawing at the cage to get out. He looked at me with a sad face.

"I know girl but I have to go and you have to stay in your cage for now. I promise I will come see you tomorrow. How does that sound?" He said and I howled. He smiled and pet my head.

"Oh yeah, they said I could name you because you came in without a name. Hmmm how about snowball?" He said and I growled.

"Okay not that. How about Bella?" He asked and I howled and licked his hand.

"I will take that as a yes! Okay Bella, see you tomorrow." He said and gave me a pet on the head before heading for the door. I howled not wanting him to leave. He turned and waved before leaving. I whined and went to lay down in the back of the cage. I laid down and pouted. I wanted my mate with me but the only thing is he doesn't know I am a person. He thinks I am a dog. I will have to find the right time to tell him but first I have to work on getting him to take me home. I put my head down on my paws and fell asleep thinking about Shawn.