Chapter Ten: An Unexpected Surprise

Start from the beginning

Angel stopped in the more barren part of the room and stretched out his wings and arms. I swooped under his wing just in time to check him out. I loved watching as his muscles rippled under his shirt and I think he enjoyed showing off for his female anyway. Our eyes met as I noticed his smirk and he winked at me.

"I'm glad you're enjoying the view."

I couldn't help but return his wink and walk up to him as he finished stretching.

"Now, Darling. If you keep looking at me like that I'll have to take you back to our room."

Before I could continue our flirting with a rebuttal Rovick yelled out from the kitchen. "Later, Lovebirds! I swear you two are worse than Hellhounds sometimes."

"Hey!" Zinnake barked from the ground.

Angel and I laughed at the exchange and the fact my Hellhounds were being quite lazy and still laying in front of the fireplace.

"Come eat! I'll go get Toris. He was doing the late shift of our rounds and didn't get back until late."

"So handsome. Should we call for Hermes before or after breakfast?"

"Maybe we should have him join us for breakfast."

"Oh, goo-."

I screamed from the sudden new voice and tossed a throwing knife in the direction it came from while I quickly turned. The knife luckily missed poor Hermes, who had appeared from another room, and was now lodged in the wall. The old God glared a bit at me and picked himself up off the floor.

"Good heavens above! What in Olympus was that for?"

"I'm so sorry, Hermes! I'm a bit jumpy this morning. You scared me."

"I could have guessed that. Nice shot though. If I was a mortal, you definitely would have gotten me in the head. Do you always go straight for the kill?"

"I guess? I've never really paid attention to that."

"You're so much like your mother." Hermes laughed and regained his usual happy-go-lucky composure.

Toris and Rovick joined us in the living room and stared confused at the knife in the wall.

"Do we even want to know, M'Lady?"

"Probably not."

"Okay. Let's eat then."

Angel shook his head and chuckled at the whole situation. I gave Hermes an apology hug and put the throwing knife back on my belt before we all ate. During breakfast Angel and I explained to Hermes that we wanted to have the wedding today.

"So, you want me to convince the others to come here?" Hermes questioned with a smirk.

"Basically. If you don't mind of course."

"It's not a problem. I shall bring the maid of honour first. I'm assuming Athena is to be your matron of honour?"

"You assume correctly."

"And who shall I get to be the best man?"

Angel smiled and set a hand on Hermes's shoulder. "You're looking at him."

"Really? You want me? Thank you! I'm flattered!" Hermes swelled with emotion and gave Angel one of their odd brotherly hugs.

It was like an odd hand slapping half embrace. Although I could have sworn I seen a tear shed from the happiest God in the universe. Which oddly enough made my eyes well up with unshed tears. I brushed the overflow of emotions off as pre-wedding nerves and pulled them both into a tight embrace.