Really?

I don't own Descendants!!!

"Did Mal really want me in Auradon?"

Ben was silent.

"I knew it." Halina turned around, feeling the tears prick her eyes "She lied."

"No, wait!" Ben shouted "You've seen Mal? Is she alright?"

"Not for long." Halina muttered.

"I'm sorry." Ben said softly.

"Why are you sorry?" Halina asked "It's not like it's your fault Mal never wanted me."

"I made a promise that every child on the Isle of the Lost would get a chance to live in Auradon if they wanted to. I haven't held myself to that promise. I've failed." Ben whispered.

Halina took a calming breath and moved to sit next to the King "You haven't failed. From what I hear, you're not a bad guy. Honestly, you seem okay. And I get the fear of failure. Probably better than anyone else. My father has been training me since I was a little girl to take over the Underworld and rule it. No matter how much I learn and study and practice there's always that fear that I might not be good enough."

"Good?"

"Not that kind of good. I'm a Goddess. We immortals have a different definition of good and evil."

"How do you mean? Isn't good good and evil evil?" Ben asked curiously.

"Not quite." Halina paused, trying to think of a way to explain "You think my father is evil, right?"

"He's Hades, God of Death." Ben shrugged "Isn't he supposed to be?"

"No, my Dad is the God of the Dead."

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"Not quite." Halina smirked "Thanatos is the God of Death. He's the one who collects souls and brings them to the Underworld. Dad is the God of the Dead. He rules the shades, keeps them from escaping into the mortal world and causing trouble, and punishes those who were truly evil while they were alive. Everyone thinks he's evil when, really, he's protecting everyone from the chaos that would ensue if the shades had no one to keep them in line."

"I never thought about it like that." Ben said "So what we think of as evil is sometimes good?"

"And what we think of as good is sometimes evil. What we believe all depends on our perspective. To me, my Dad is the greatest person ever, along with my Mom of course. But to you and the rest of Auradon and the Isle, he's one of the worst villains. And yes he's made some mistakes but we all have. Should we be judged for every mistake we've ever made?"

"No." Ben said sharply "We shouldn't be. I'm sorry if you have been."

"Once again, not your fault."

"Would you just let me apologize?"

"No." Halina stood up and sighed "Because it's not something you need to apologize for. You don't seem to see villain kids that way. You invited Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos to Auradon. You fell in love with Mal. You understand that a few mistakes and a messed up past doesn't make you a bad person."

"I see. But that doesn't stop me from feeling sorry for the way you all have been treated for so long, especially since the VK's haven't done anything wrong."

"I did help kidnap you."

"Okay, nothing unforgivably wrong." Ben corrected with a smile.

"You'd forgive me for kidnapping you?" Halina asked, stunned.

"You felt you were betrayed by Mal and the others when they left you behind. You didn't see any other option."

"Halina!" Uma's voice echoed from above "Get up here!"

"Sorry, Ben." Halina whispered "I gotta go. But I'll make sure nothing happens to you. You don't deserve it."

She quickly shoved the gag back in his mouth and blindfolded him. Then Halina sauntered upstairs.

"What were you doing?" Uma shouted.

Halina's eyes glowed a violent purple "You wanna rephrase that?"

"Um..."

"Listen up, Shrimpy." Halina growled "You seem to think I am just another member of your crew. If you continue to treat me as such, I'm gonna make sure you regret it. Do you understand?"

Uma nodded quickly "Sorry, Hal. It's just time to go."

"Then let's go."

Word count: 694 words
Sorry, it's been a while, but I'm back! Please don't forget to comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!!! Also stay safe in these dangerous, difficult times!
Love,
The Author