A Halloween Game Night To Remember

Start from the beginning

And this time would be no different.

Or so you thought.

You put your dominant hand on the old-style arcade joystick, (or as you called it, your winning hand) used your other to get a token out of your back pocket, and slipped it into the token slot on the arcade box.

Buh-beep-beep!

That familiar sound fired your competitive side up like nothing else.

But for a split second, something flew over the screen!

It was, spinjitsu?

You weren't exactly sure, as it had looked pretty foggy, and you could've just been seeing things. It was getting fairly late after all.

But then, something else.

As the game loaded up, you could see the ghosts and Pac-Man, but they looked distinctly different.

To be honest, everything did.

The background looked like the monastery, and the four ghosts had a familiar feeling to them.

But not their usual one.

Blinky, the red ghost, seemed to have Kai's hair.

Pinky respectively, was bright pink and had Zane's hair.

Inky, the blue one, had Jay's hair and freckles, and lightning coming off of him! You could sense a pattern here.

Clyde, the orange ghost, had Cole's hair, and his very recognizable ghostly scar.

The pellets were replaced with scrolls of airjitsu.

Power pellets were scrolls of forbidden spinjitsu.

Fruits were jadeblades and pieces of pizza.

And finally, Pac-Man had Morro's hair and ghostly green color.

You wiped your eyes to see if you were just delusional from all that candy and pinched your arm to see if you crashed after that sugar high and this was all just a weird dream.

Nope. Apparently not. This was just the game now. Okay..... You were confused but still determined to win. Why would you pass up the once in a lifetime chance to play a Ninjago version of Pac-Man! So you decide to embrace it and press the start button.

An 8-bit version of The Weekend Whip started to play in the background, as the ghosts loaded up, and you started to move Pac-Man, no, Pac-Morro.

You collected some scrolls of airjitsu at the bottom, barely avoiding Blin-Kai and grabbing a scroll of forbidden spinjitsu. You raced to take him down, turning him dark blue and lifeless for a few seconds while you continued to pick up more scrolls of airjitsu.

You grabbed a pizza slice for some extra points, and Pinky Zane caught up with you, but you collected another scroll of spinjitsu and took him out of commission.

Both Blin-Kai and Pinky Zane respawned, and you continued to pick up scrolls of airjitsu.

And you were almost down to the last one, but then the screen flashed for a split second, before going black!

For barely enough of a second for you to notice-and, for you to be jumpscared-the preeminent was on the screen!

You were so close!

What was that?! What happened?!

Oh well, at least you still had two more Pac-Morro lives. You knew you were gonna win this.