Chapter 47: Anxious Parents (Collin)

Start from the beginning

Leaning forward, I got Axil's attention. "Is the alpha coming?"

The beta shook his head. "We're going to bring the boy to the mansion this weekend. We didn't want to overwhelm the pup on his first day of life."

"I can't wait to meet little Lincoln." Milo smiled.

Jed wrung his hands in his lap. I hadn't expected him to be in human form. It was hard for the pup to bond when his dad didn't have any fur to snuggle into. It wasn't my business, though. Axil will handle it. Relaxing in my seat, I watched the clock.

Axil's mother leaned over to her son. "Has he been born, yet?"

The beta nodded. "The doctor came by when I was in the hall. They're probably cleaning him up."

"Did you talk to the florist?" whispered Jed. "I forgot to call them."

Axil put his arm around his mate's shoulder. "It's all been taken care of. Our surrogate will be treated like the queen that she is."

His mother gave the beta an approving smile.

The clock continued to tick.

"They'd tell us if something happened, right?" Jed let out a shaky breath.

"Nothing happened." Axil nuzzled the man's cheek. "The doctor said he was doing great."

Jedrek's emotions were starting to show. "Werewolf babies have less problems than humans, right?"

"Breathe." Axil wrapped his mate up in his arms. "Lincoln is fine. If he inherited anything from you, the pup is simply being a handful for those poor nurses."

Wiping his face, Jed scoffed. Milo scooted to the edge of his seat. I placed my arm around his shoulders. Watching the couple was making me nervous about our own approaching due date. A knock sounded on the door. Jedrek sat up straight.

The doctor entered. "We have your son. Would the parents step forward?"

Axil took his mate by the hand. The doctor showed them the paperwork to sign. Jedrek put down the pen and after writing his name on the bottom. The beta pressed up behind him and rubbed his mate's arms. The nurse rolled in the small baby cart.

Jed covered his mouth. "Oh my god." He leaned over the bed. "He's perfect."

Axil kissed his mate's cheek.

"He's so small." Jed brushed a finger over the pup's cheek. "Hi, Lincoln."

The pup yipped and wiggled in his bed.

Jed went to pick the baby up.

Milo shot up straight. "Your clothes, Jed. I read that werewolf pup bond through smell."

Looking panicked and unsure what to do, Jedrek ran his hands down his shirt. "I should shift. They like fur, right?"

Axil chuckled and lifted his mate's shirt off. Undoing his pants, Jedrek changed forms before pushing them down his legs. Taking a deep breath, he picked up the pup and I was able to get a good look at the new addition to the pack.

The black pup snuggled into his dad's chest. Jedrek cradled him there and rocked back and forth. Milo gripped my hand. I glanced at him but the sub's eyes were locked at the baby. I was ready for that to be us as well.

"Are you happy?" asked Axil. "Was it all worth it?"

Jed nodded and fell into his mate's chest. "He's everything I wanted."

The beta held them both in his arms. "Look, a little bit of you came through."

With a laugh, Jed smiled. "We're in trouble them."