Chapter 1

Hello 👋 for the new year I have decided to take up writing again. I've had this story running through my mind for a bit... but I could feel that it could become really intriguing if the fellow readers had a hand in this. Hope to hear your awesome suggestions and I hope you will all enjoy!
—————————/—————————

        'Great, just great. ' I thought.

       'How on earth did I land myself into this situation? Just my luck." I mussed as I tried to wipe my hands clean from the thick substance. Only to smear it even more against my skin. Huffing in frustration, I finally decided to see how bad the mess was on my clothing. Looking into the mirror in the far corner of the room I studied my refection in the dim lighting. The thick liquid stained across my torso, seeping through the fabrics and sticking to my skin. My hands and arms covered by the same substance, tainting the skin with its signature hue. My hair in a knotted mess. Crazed and tired eyes staring back at me. I look utterly mad, demented even... however, considering what had just happened, it's not too far from the truth.

       The smell slowly wafting upward to my nose. Making me gag at its scent.

       "Who knew?" I muttered to no one.

       Chuckling to myself, I began to see the humor in this situation. 'Who knew', was the exact thing to say in this moment. Who knew this was going to happen? Who knew that it would happen in the kitchen? Who knew he would be there at the time? Who knew I was going to go utterly insane?

       Who knew?

       My chuckling steadily grew into laughter. I couldn't help but laugh. What else was I suppose to do in a moment like this? I began to laugh so hard, that my stomach began to hurt, my breathing became shorter with each passing second. Tears began to blur my vision before streaming down my face. Streams of joy ran over my aching cheeks, where sporting an almost insane smile.

       Behind me, his voice rang in obvious amusement.

       "Looks like we're both the crazy ones, huh?"