Chapter 4- Pity Party

Start from the beginning

If you're reading this it means your in EUROPE! Do you know how stinking cool that is?! I know you're probably being all sulky about it since you're away from your super awesome best friend (understandable) but I hope you realize how big of an opportunity this is and find the fun—"

"—mom grounded new for wearing those pink pants to church yesterday. But dad got me some new comic books soo that's cool."

"—you're probably not reading these but whatever—How are things going over there? I started getting the British news paper delivered here to keep up with current events since we know you live under a rock. Mom's not really happy about all the owls but whatever. Gotta say, it looks kinda scary... hope your dad's holding up alright."

"Paisley, good news! I think I've figured out how to send you ice cream!! Bad news... it would involve magic... and you responding to my letters..."

"If you could be any super villain which would you be?"

"Dads making me learn math this summer. Very useful. You'd hate it."

"Did you know they have furry cows in Scotland? I heard The Queen likes cows."

*

"Paisley, time to get up!"

I groaned into the puddle of drool and blindly put my arm over my eyes to shield me from the sunlight assaulting my bedroom. I was highly uncomfortable, having fallen asleep reading Matty's letters at my desk, but not uncomfortable enough to get up right away.

My mother groaned as well, nudging me. "Paisley! Get up! I made breakfast!"

I peaked out from under my arm, wiping the drool away with my sleeve. "What kind of breakfast?"

She smirked knowingly. "Breakfast burritos."

More magical words had never been uttered.

I was up and stumbling down to the kitchen table quicker than you could say 'Quodpot', and proceeded to devour a bacon, egg, cheese, and fried potato burrito in a highly unladylike fashion. In case you were unaware, breakfast burritos are the best thing to ever be invented.

"Slow down there, hun!" Dad chuckled.

I tried to say, "but it tastes so good," but it came out as "bu' i' fa fo oof!"

He chuckled some more and took a large bit of his own burrito, hot sauce dripping down to the flowered china.

Mom shook her head with a small exasperated smile as she made her own food at last.

After half a burrito I paused to give my poor stomach a break and got up to get myself some orange juice. I pulled the container out of the fridge and a glass out of the cupboard which took much longer than it should have. I had to search several different places—an unforeseen side effect of moving.

"You received some mail, Paisley," Mom said.

Mail?

I paused my pouring.

The horrible, nightmarish, events of the night before began to wash over me.

The howler.

Stalking.

Embarrassment.

Jackalope mug.

I nearly lost my appetite for burritos.... Nearly.