Demon Wolf

CORA'S POV

I knock lightly on Derek's door three times. It's 8 o'clock in the morning, I know it's pointless to knock loudly to wake him up cause I already know he's awake. If I didn't sleep last night then I am sure as hell he didn't either. When the door opens and I see his face, more specifically his eyes I know my assumptions are correct. 

"Has Joshua found anything?" He asks

"No but we are ready for you downstairs"

He slowly nods and closes to door behind him and walks beside me to the stairs. "You know we won't find Haley any faster if your sleep deprived" I said

"It's not without lack of trying"

"Yeah I didn't get much sleep either, but this is Clayton we are talking about Derek, we need to be on our A game, more than we were when we were facing Deucalion" I say as we reach the bottom on the stairs.

"My ears are burning" says a British voice coming from our left. We both turn our heads towards that direction and are faced with the man whom we thought we would never see again. Deucalion. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I spit out still angry for what his pack mate Kali did to my friend. Boyd. 

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here to find my daughter, you know the woman your brother managed to loose" He said looking at Derek.

"At lease I actually keep an eye on her. What happened? Did you run out of money to hire someone else to do what you should be doing" Derek said. Anger pouring out of him. 

"Yes, it is true that I hired Breaden to keep an eye on Haley purely for the fact that I knew you wouldn't do a very good job at it and because I've been looking for Clayton" Deucalion said. 

"What did you find?" Derek asked, a small amount of hope showing through his voice. Maybe Deucalion managed to find Clayton therefore Haley. 

"I managed to figure out where Clayton and his pack are" He said. "But I'm not telling you where"

"Why not?" Derek asked 

"I wouldn't be in such a hurry to find them. You'll die before even finding Haley if you try and go after him now. Clayton has managed to extend his power beyond what I thought was even possible."

"How strong is he?" Derek asked. 

"So strong that even if I had my entire abilities I wouldn't dare go up against him. People called me the Demon wolf, well people are calling him the Devil Wolf." Deucalion said. "He has possibly one of the largest packs full of the strongest of betas and it keeps growing"

"For what possible reason?" I asked. 

"For one thing power, but that's not enough for him. He wants to be known as a king. He wants werewolves from all over to bow to him, but he also wants his family by his side while doing so"

"So it's true then Stephen is alive? Evelyn too?"(A/N Evelyn is Haley's mother, I know her name changed so freaking much because I can never remember it lol But it's Evelyn now ahaha)

"I've gotten close to the compound enough to see Stephen come in and out but not Evelyn" Deucalion said.

"Okay we are going to sit down with Joshua and you're going to tell us every detail you know or i'll torture it out of you" Derek said as he marched up to him with glowing blue eyes.

"I heard you evolved, congratulations, judging by your anger, you haven't learned how to control your shifts, tonight is the full moon you know" Deucalion said. 

Derek was silent. I remember when my sister evolved and was able to shift just like my mother once did. Her first time turning was nothing, she didn't even feel it. Then the full moon after happened and I remember watching as she screamed in pain as every single bone in her body broke and morphed until she was an actual wolf. It takes at least three full moons before it becomes better but it will always hurt. 

I reached out and touched Derek's arms and sure enough when I saw the black veins appear I knew he was in pain. "You're in pain" I pointed out. 

"I'll be fine" He growled. 

"No you won't Derek. You're body is preparing for the full moon tonight you know when all your bones will break and morph. You need to get that under control before we find Haley." I told him.

"That's 3 months, at least. We don't have that long." He said. 

"Then I'll go, the pack will go scope the place out come up with a good plan hell we need an amazing one. I don't think Clayton will hurt Haley" I said. 

"No but he can get inside her mind like he's done before. He might already be messing with her head. I don't even know that when we find her if she will really be her" Derek said with pain filled eyes.     

"We won't think about that right now. We need to plan, you need to get your shifting under control. Derek we are one step closer, we know where she is we just need to figure out how to get her" I told him. 

"I want to be updated as much as possible" Derek told me "And as soon as I get the shift under control i'm coming" 

"I don't doubt it" I said.