Goodbye

It's not very often I get to sleep in, and let me tell you it feels great. Not only did I get the best nights rest last night but I'm also laying next to a still sleeping Derek Hale. I was laying on my back and he is sleeping on his side with his hand sprawled across my waist. Derek always looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, so I never dared to wake him. 

I grabbed his hand and slowly and gently took it off of me. He moved a bit but he didn't wake up. Since he tried...and failed to make me breakfast that one day, I'm going to make him breakfast, one where the food is actually edible. After all this would be the last breakfast we would have at the loft. 

Last night we both agreed to leave as soon as possible which would be today. I'm going to go to work and at least try to find Kate and Peter but if I can't then I've told myself to leave it to Scott and the rest of the pack, I know they can handle it. The only thing holding Derek and I back from leaving is me, and I am so ready to leave. 

I just finished the eggs and bacon when I felt Derek staring at me. I turned around and saw him standing there leaning against the pillar with just a pair of blue pants on, shirtless, and his hair sticking up every which way, with a smirk on his face. He looked sexy. 

"Morning" I said with a smile. 

My smile grew as he walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me and leaned his head down to kiss me. "You're in a good mood" He said softly as he rested his forehead against mine. 

"Because I'm actually happy" I told him with a smile. Derek doesn't smile often aside from the smirk he always gives. It's very rare that he actually smiles and you can see his teeth, which is the smile he's giving me right now. This smile would go down in the history books for sure. 

"Me too" He said giving me another kiss.

"Sit down, breakfast is getting cold" I told him. 

"Yes ma'am" He joked. 

We both got our plates and sat down to eat. "You gonna tell Scott?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, if you wanna wait we can, we don't have to leave tonight" He told me. 

"No I want to" I blurted. "For every good thing that's happened in this town three more bad things happen. It's like it's cursed or something. All I know is that this, us being happy isn't going to last long if we stay here"

"What about Peter? You were dead set on finding him last night" He said. 

"Scott can handle him" I said. "The bags are packed Derek, I just got one more day of work then we can leave and start a new life....If that's what you want" I told him. 

"Of course it's what I want" He said softly "It's what I always wanted" 

***

"You're leaving Beacon Hills?" The sheriff asked me, he seemed shocked.

"Yup" I told him. "I'm not leaving, I'm hauling ass before something else happens" 

"Well, Haley" He said getting up from his chair and walking over to me "I'm gonna miss having you around here" He said pulling me in for a hug. 

"I'll miss you too" I told him holding back tears. "You know Deucalion and Clayton are terrible people and I hate to say that I ever called either of them my father but you" I said taking a deep breath " You always been there for me and taught me so much. You are the father that I've always wanted, and I'm glad to have you in my life. I love you" 

I was suddenly wrapped up in his arms again, tighter than last time. "I love you too, and you are a daughter to me, and if you ever need anything I'm there for you okay? I'm one call away."