Blind-Sided

Losing someone is a terrible thing especially if it is someone you care about deeply

Losing someone is a terrible thing especially if it is someone you care about deeply. The whole world seems wrong and it feels like a piece is missing. You're only hope is to feel like it's a dream and everything will be alright once you wake up. But that's never the case. The only thing to do is take it one day at a time.

Zara had experienced loss before. At the time, she was able to understand the circumstances but wasn't able to deal with it as well. After she had learned the news about her father, she had gone and threw her name in the ring for being a guard and from then on, her mind was focused on training, not of her loss. But this was different in a span of not even a week, she had lost her mother, her best friends, who she considered sisters, and everyone else that she had known her whole life.

Having a task could keep her mind occupied and in a way keep her from dealing with that loss. And now with Kane and Abby offering her and Lincoln a chance to help train their people, she felt that it was a task she could throw herself into. But with her mind solely on teaching and training, she wasn't able to spot the differences occuring around her. She only wanted to make sure that her emotions didn't get the best of her.

It started small. A simple group venturing out for food, until one day a pair of Grounders showed up at the gates on horseback. Skaikru's presence was requested by the commander. It was a tense day when Abby, Kane, Bellamy and a few other guards left with the pair. Zara had wanted to accompany them but with her being the last Mountain Man, the group wanted to keep that under wraps along with the fact that they are housing Lincoln, who has a kill order on his head.

The two of them had decided to pass the time training some new guards. Both were anxious to see how the conversation would turn out. By the time the group had come back, the two were very uncertain of how their futures might turn out.

It wasn't long till the two were summoned to the council meeting that was taking place. The first order of business was the fact that Skaikru and the Commander of the clans had called a ceasefire. Skaikru was now allowed to venture beyond their walls without fear of being attacked.

Next, they discussed the business of their newest members. No matter what they had done they weren't able to lift the kill order on Lincoln's head. The Trikru warrior had been sadden to hear this news but he had known what was at steak when he fleed his clan's camp. He could only sit and wait until the commander would lift that order.

But when it came to her, she was expecting for them to announce a similar objective. She waited for the words of kill order and her name to be said. Only it didn't happen, they simply stated that her origins were not of importance and that it would remain a secret among them.

Only that wasn't the reason they kept it to themselves. Zara had been a member of a community that had a lot of technology advances. She knew the inner and outer workings of the mountain that was vacant. The chancellor had an idea in mind that would benefit all of mankind and she needed Zara to help accomplish it.