An Outsider

Zara stood there frozen in her place as she took in the sight

Zara stood there frozen in her place as she took in the sight. She wanted nothing more than to believe it was some nightmare. That they hadn't brought the 47 in and none of this had happened.

Her breath was caught in her throat. She wanted to move and leave this sight but she couldn't. Her heart felt like it was down in the out of her stomach.

In front of her, laid her people. People she had known since she was little. Except they were all dead.

All their bodies piled on top of one another. Their skin red and covered in blisters. They all had signs of radiation. 

She let out a shaky breath as she tried to calm herself. Her chest radiated with pain with each heartbeat. Her body felt heavy as each second passed.

But her breath had drawn attention. After the group had irradiated the level, they had gone to check on their friends only for them to stumble across the sight. They watched as Jasper cried over Maya's body all feeling sorry for him but it was the last resort.

"Zara." Bellamy spoke up once he was alerted to her standing behind them. He stepped slightly forward hoping that she couldn't see behind them. He didn't want her to witness her friend's dead in Jasper's arms.

Her body finally able to move as she took a step forward. But Bellamy was quick to step in her path.

"Zara." He said softly not wanting her to step closer. But it was too late.

She could see them trying to block something and she stepped closer. Then her world seemed to stop. Jasper sat there, tears falling down h, and someone laid across his lap.

"No." Her voice barely a whisper as it came out before she repeated it over and over. "No. No. No."

By now the tears she had held back now coming out of her eyes. It was too much. First her mother, then her people, now the one person who was there for her.

Bellamy tried to go and comfort her but she pushed him away and slumped on the other side of Maya. Jasper didn't protest as she lifted Maya onto her lap.

"Maya. Maya, please." Zara cried by received no answer. Instead she rocked back and forth with the body of her friend. She didn't know what to do.

The others already had an intense conversation with Jasper and now they were watching as Zara crumbled before them. Clarke and Monty walked around the three to get to the dorms, but Bellamy stayed. He wasn't sure how Zara had managed to affect him but he didn't like the sight of her sadden.

He had fought himself on whether or not to head to the dorms but he needed to check on his friends. But everyone had wanted to go back to their own home.

Everyone had been shocked to come across the mess hall but the mountain men had been given a chance. Marcus Kane had been stunned by the devastation and his eyes settled on Zara, who sat silently beside Maya's body.