For whatever reason Lucifer was not concealing their presence. I chose to send a thought out to Lucifer before fully manifesting in front of them. He may not want to see me and I had no idea what had transpired between he and Elohim after we had left.

“Lucifer?” There was a considerable pause before he replied.

“Remiel? Why are you speaking to me? Has something happened?” He was not angry with me but he was wary.

I felt uncomfortable speaking to him. As if I was intruding somewhere I was not wanted. “No. I...”

“Yes?”

“I...wish to see you and Lillith.” Once I got the words out it seemed utterly foolish to have said them. What came back to me wasn't words, it was a sense of relief, of sadness and an invitation. “If that will be acceptable to both of you of course.”

“Yes. Lillith would love to see you...and...” he paused.

My foolishness left me and was replaced by a hint of joy. “Thank you.” I sent myself to them and before I even finished solidifying my form Lillith had thrown her arms around me.

“Remiel!” That joy of life that I had remembered was still there. I returned her embrace and stepped back to look at them, and was rendered instantly speechless when I did so. Lillith's stomach was much larger than I remembered, she had a flower tucked into her hair and had fashioned a rough skirt and shirt from grasses and plants. Lucifer had changed as well, he had taken a truly human form, complete with what was needed to mate with Lillith. He was still one of us, still had his power but it seemed somehow muted within him.

I forced myself to remain civil, “Lillith. It is lovely to see you again. What is this you have on?”

“It helps keep the biting things off of me,” she replied. “And the sun when it is hot. Neither of those things seem to bother Lucifer though.” A shade of guilt crossed her face but she continued explaining why she was clothed, “I wanted to be more colorful as well, like the birds,” She smiled, “They have always been my favorite thing you created. How long are you staying? We have both missed you.” One of her arms casually wrapped around Lucifer's waist and he briefly leaned into her.

“I am not sure. It appears there are many things that have happened while I have been away.”

Lucifer caught my meaning as did Lillith who placed her other hand on her stomach. She looked up at him, then back at me. “Do not be angry Remiel, please,” she pleaded.

Lucifer removed her arm from his waist and stepped away, “Perhaps Remiel and I should speak first. We will be back soon.” He walked past me a few steps and waited. “Remiel, I know you do not owe me or us a hearing.” he said softly, “Once all of you left I accepted that I would never see any of you again.”

I took a few moments to try to understand what that would be like for him. He and Lillith were bonded so completely and with Adam's new mate taking Lillith's place at his side it should not have shocked me that this had occurred. I tried to set aside what I was feeling as I joined him. He looked at me and I gestured that he should lead the way, gold eyes captured mine as a small, nervous grin brought a slight curve to his mouth.

“How has Elohim not hurt you in this form?”

“This? This is merely a shell. I am still as I was. He has tried, failed and returned to that forest to accept Adam and Eve's adulation. At least he did until he cast them out.”

I was not entirely sure coming back had been the best idea. I was certainly not up to these many shocks all at once, “What? Why? What did you do?”

Testament of An ArchangelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara