ZeNewOtaku [ʏᴏʀɪɪᴄʜɪ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ]

Requested By @ZeNewOtaku

• • •

I loved this man for a very long time. And I'm sure he loved me as well. We didn't talk much about our affection for each other, we'll always just feel the love we had. Anytime I would see him, he lay soft kisses on my neck and woke his way up to my nose. I'd play around with his hair and put it in funny styles.

Most of the time we'd just lay down together and look at the clouds outside. I'd ask him for his opinion on the clouds. "What do you think that one is?"

He'd answer quickly and kept silent. I'd always get annoyed with his answers, but he's never wrong. He'll always pull me in and allow me to rest on his chest. I never thought I'd like the sound of someone's heartbeat before. It was slow, yet at a normal pace. It was completely soothing.

Yoriichi always went to go slay demons and wouldn't come back until a week later or more. I was always worried about him, but I knew he'd come back safe. I wanted to help him fight those demons, he declined. I have a weak body so I won't be as much as help, I tried lifting a sword but I couldn't.

I remember the day he saved me. My whole family was slaughtered due to my father's selfishness. He was soon betrayed by the demon as well thought. I hid away in my room as they were being eaten. I wanted to help them, but I couldn't.

Then he came.

In mere seconds the demon was killed. He later found me in my room and brought me back with him. Over the years we bonded and fell in love.

It was embarrassing when I confessed my feeling for him. I was a stuttering mess. I think he was as equally embarrassed as me because everyone was staring and awing about it.

"Yoriichi..." I called.

"Hm?"

"Do you remember when I confessed my love for you?" I asked him. It doesn't happen often but, I saw him smile. It was an outstanding smile, so calm and welcoming.

"Of course I remember," he answered. He caressed my cheek. I opened his hand and rested my head on it.

"That's good to know," I said closing my eyes and just enjoying the moment.

"By the way, [name]."

"Hm?"

"What do you think your life would be like if we hadn't met?" he asked me.

"Well... I'd either be dead if the demon found me, or alone." I answered. Intently turned his face towards mine and looked him in the eyes. "And I'm glad neither of those things happened. I would have missed out on another chance of happiness."

I kissed his forehead and rested his head on my chest. "Thank you Yoriichi."

〰〰
I'm not so good at writing about fluff or any of the others.
I apologize if it's not what you wanted, and I'm sorry it's short.
😟