ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ [ᴛᴀɴᴊɪʀᴏᴜ]

"Tanjirou…?" I called.

He looked at me. I'm not the type to show my emotions or anything, but I was really happy to see him.

"[Name]," he called happily. I sat beside him. We were outside at the moment. He just got back from fighting a demon, breaking his arm in the process.

"How's your arm?" I asked him.

"It's fine. It may look bad but it isn't," he reassured me.

"That good," I said.

He smiled, but soon his smile faded. "[Name], are you alright?"

I looked at him and tried to smile. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I smelt you and you smelled sad," he said. I looked at him, I was smiling at the moment. Maybe it might throw him off. "[Name], please tell me."

I sighed. "Well for starters. Sanemi told me that no one likes me." I began.

"Really?" Tanjirou said quite annoyed.

"Yeah. I tried to argue with his statement, but he brought up some clear facts." I said.

"Well—"

"Do you think I'm unlikeable, Tanjirou?"

"Of course not! You're amazing [Name]! Don't let that idiot Sanemi say otherwise!" Tanjirou encouraged.

I chuckled a bit by his outburst. But I was still not moved by it.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked him.

"I never lie!" he shouted. I stared at him blankly. He soon realized that I needed more proof.

He explained to me about what happens to his face when he lies. It's pretty cool that someone as honest as him is around.

"Do you want me to head-butt him?" Tanjirou said with determination in his eyes.

"No, stop doing that."

"Y-yes…"