nine

Even though my party mood had died, along with my tiny ounce of respect for Chris schistad , I wanted to try my best to have a good time.

As the night slowly passed me by and I couldn't shake the feeling of just wanting to go home. All the pushing and shoving happening that I would usually not be bothered by seemed to only irritate me more and more.

I shuffled away from the crowd to a quite spot on the outside steps.I truthfully didn't understand my problem tonight, but my lack of understanding didn't make it dissappear only strengthen it.

I could feel the cold air on my face as a gust of wind picked up. My moments felt peaceful until they happened to be interuppted by someone lighting a cigarette behind me.

"Not having fun?" The figure questioned while taking a seat beside me.

"I really like your hair. Blondes are definitely my type "he said kneeling down.

As his face became more recognisable I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the company.

"No.No not really ,Chris "

He took another drag of his newly lit cigarette ,exhaling the smoke into the space around him.
" Why would that be? " he turned to face me.

I shrugged off his question trying to avoid making any sort of conversation with him.

" Do you want some?" He offered his cigarette by extending his arm out.

I contemplated my answer until giving in ,in the hopes of easing my mood a little.

Taking the nicotine wraped in its filter between my fingers , I pulled it between my lips ,mimicking his actions.

"You know ,most guys hate girls that Smoke. I for one ,think its fucking hot." He smirked while watching me intensely.

" Good thing I don't smoke. I wouldn't want to tempt you or anything"I deflected his flirtatious nature.

"Then what do you call what you're doing right now?"he frowned confused.

" Not smoking, "my face remained emotionless as I handed his cigarette back to him as I felt like I had sufficiently turned my somewhat healthy lungs black.

"Okay ?" He laughed earning no response from me.

"Jeez  what's wrong with you tonight?"he asked seeming slightly pissed off at the lack of attention I was giving him.

"Nothing" I shrugged my shoulders again. I wasn't entirely lying however because its not like I could pin point the cause of my distractions.

"If you're not going to enjoying the party ,then why did you even come? "
Chris had a unreadable emotion in his tone.

"You invited me," I answered honestly.

"Because I thought parties were your scene "

" They were - I mean are." I correct.
"They are my scene,  its just. .." I began  searching for the rest of my half sentence.

"Just what? " he pressured a response.

" Its just that I couldn't waste the invite."

" I guess but there will be plenty more parties throughout the year that I'll be inviting you too" he winked playfully yet earning nothing from me.

"But,my friends.  They, they really wanted me to come with them." I eventually spat out.

"Well you're no use to them if you're  sitting outside, "he joked trying to lighten the mood even though his words were laced in truth.
"Besides, you don't always have to do what other people want you too." He finished as he rested the cigarette between his lips.