six

I was still in complete awe. Why had she not told me earlier. I had a million more questions racing through my mind but I was incapable of coming up with even one answer.

While returning my Norwegian books back to my locker and swapping them out for my Art notepad, I heard the noise of a group of boys in the hallway. Most of them were leaving against their lockers and dying in a fit of laughter.
I turned to examin the crowd which I found to be some penetrators including Chris like I had fully suspected.

He caught my glance and began walking up to me with a slight smirk plastered on his face.

I had half hoped he would just walk straight passed me but he didn't stop nor change direction.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
Be cool Lee. Be fucking cool.
Its normal. Everyone gets shit faced. Its not that big of a deal that the hottest guy in our school watched you puke down the toilet and held your hair back. No. Not a big deal at all. Right?

He stopped inches away from me and leaned on the locker next to mine.

"Hey?" I greeted first trying not to swallow my words.

"Hello." He smiled.

"How was your weekend?" I tried to play off cool even though on the inside I was bursting with a shimmering nervousness which seemed to take him back a bit.

" Great ,great. I met a girl on Friday. She seemed pretty cool from what I could tell through her momentary soberness. "
He smiled down into his famous penetrators hoodie.

"Oh. Cool." I answered unsure.

"There was only one problem." He looked up trying to maintain a serious look.

"Which is?" I Folded my arms and I myself tried to maintain my calm and collected exterior.

"Well, you see ,before she left I asked her for her number."
All I managed to do was furrow my eyebrows which encouraged him to continue.

" She missed a digit. So I couldn't even message her to ask if she had gotten home safe. Figures she would have only answered some time the next day considering how drunk she was. But its the thought that counts." He winked at me. I felt like I could bearly breathe through all my disbelief.

" Do you want to add in that missing digit now?" He smirked handing me his phone with my invalid contact page.

I tried to hide myself from turing a deep crimson when I saw my name saved in his phone.
Cute party girl

I assumed he didn't know my name so as much as I wanted to keep my name saved as that I changed it to just simple " Leeah Renn " and proceed to type in my number.

The phone was handed back to him and he couldn't resist the urge to comment on my newly saved name.

" Leeah" he simply stated.

"That's me" I softly smiled to take away my anxiousness.

"Beautiful name. Beautiful girl." He winked clearly flirting at me. Even though his words were cliché they still provoked butterflies in my stomach.

"I'm Chris by the way "

"I know"
Shit. Why did I just say that. Now I seem really creepy. Good job Lee. He definitely won't get stalker vibes now.

"Mm, so you know me?" He replied cockily.

" Doesn't Everyone- Know you I mean?"

"Why would they ?" He smiled pretending to be clueless of his social status like it would be the most bizarre explanation.

"Because you're, oh Idk, a penetrator maybe? Which by association to the name makes you instantly desirable and attractive."

"So you think I'm attractive then ?" He continued trying to make me flustered.

"Well you're definitely popular. "

"So then im only attractive because people think I'm popular ?"

"I never said that "
His tactics worked.

"Then I'm only popular because people find me attractive? " he too had become confused to the topic of conversation.

"I never said that either"

" So what are you saying ms Renn?"he smirked

" Well girls, and I'm about to generalise here" I clarified ," or all people in general seem to base ones popularity on looks. Like they will only want to be around someone if they are conventionally pretty or hot. Its always seemed so ridiculous to me. Its like for instance, picking your breakfast cereals based on colour instead of taste."
Fuck I'm rambling again. God dammit Lee pull yourself together man!

"Okay"he only managed to smile down at me with a slightly confused look in his eyes. Damn those eyes were pretty.

"I suppose I'm just saying, yes - you're attractive and yes - you're popular. Whether or not those two things are in relation to one another. I have no idea. "

Good way to mess up your chance Leeah. Nice going you idiot.

" Why don't you come to the Halloween party this weekend and find out." Chris spoke out.

"What?" I was suprised at the fact that he hadn't ran away due to my manic ranting and rambling on.

"Yeah, come to the party, see if you like me for being popular or if you like ,well just plain me. Normal Chris."

"Deal."

"Good. See you there " he winked as he moved away back to his group who still remained across from me in the hallway.

Words could not describe how stunned I was. I was practically weak at my knees.