Chapter 35 - Exploding Love

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, that's always nice to hear. Don't worry about it, I'll look better tomorrow." I tried to reassure as we got inside the chauffeured car outside my place.

"I have no doubt you have your mask locked and loaded, I was just curious about the truth." She said, while checking her nails, her expression almost bored at the conversation. I would have guessed she truly was, despite the slight empathy in her voice.

"What do you mean mask?"

"I've been doing this shit since I could walk, Savvy. We all have our plastic smiles." She said, her smirk was a sad one, as she looked to be far off in thought as she turned to stare out the window.

I almost felt pained for not speaking about my own, but I couldn't do it. All my emotions were tied up like old laces that could never be freed. You need to cut pieces out, and maybe you'd save one whole lace, but even that wasn't guaranteed. I didn't think much about getting over my pain, since I didn't know how to attempt it. I didn't want to be fake anymore, but it was all I was left with. I had stranded myself on this island.

It must have been hours later when Violet and I were walking through one of the gates at LAX. We had a few security guards, but no paparazzi were around thankfully. We were oblivious as was most of the people beside us, aside from the few taking pictures.

The explosion was instant. I didn't hear nor see anything, and I wasn't in any pain. When I awoke from my unconsciousness, the first thing that bombarded me was the smell. It was a suffocating blend of burning smoke and ash that filled the space with darkness. The smoke billowed out, while security lights flashed around the area.

It was like a nightmare, only being shown the damage and wreck your in by strobing light. Every beat of my heart was echoed by light. The cries and screams that filled the air were drowned out like an annoying siren. My head pounded, and blood poured from my head. I didn't conceive my injuries too well, as I surveyed the area for my group.

Violet was right next to me when it happened, yet all I saw around me was rubble. Stone laid everywhere, and even pieces of ceiling were on the ground. In a flash of white emergency light, I spotted the shining of patent leather. Reaching out, I picked up the Louboutin shoe and recognized it as hers.

Trying to follow the trajectory, I was horrified to be met with her bloody foot. Looking up I could see a steel ceiling beam now on the ground on top of Violet's leg. She was barley conscious when I crawled over to her body. Blood dribbled out of her mouth, but I could thankfully see the blinking of her eyes and shallow breathes.

"Saville..." Violet spoke, her voice was fried and it came out sounding like she was speaking under water. I could only guess her lungs had blood in them, and so I gently tried to shush her.

"You...you have— to tell Oli that I love him. Make sure he knows it, and that—" Violet tried to speak as I ripped pieces of my t-shirt up and started to fasten a tourniquet around her leg.

"Tell him yourself." I said, holding her cheek in my hand as I spoke, tears flowing from my eyes and burning incredibly.

"Saville— your eye..." Vi said before I saw her own eyes roll back in her head as she past out. As my breathe began to pick up, the feeling of lightheadedness came over me like a hurricane, as what she said dawned on me. Reaching my hand up to my left eye, I felt only wetness before I...

_________

I had woken up several times in the past several hours. Many nurses had come by my room to check on my pain level despite the pumping of pain-meds in my IV. I had seen the surgeons that operated on me when I arrived and received all the news I needed. Of course my room was a private one, with a TV remote laying in my left hand that was free of a sling.