XXIV • BRAVE NEW WORLD

Start from the beginning

He darts his clear dark brown eyes at the Bennett girl, his friendly smile widening in a flirtatious manner, "Wow, what do you need, beautiful?"

"What do you know about karaoke speakers?" She asked him curiously.

"Why don't you show me the problem?" The flirtatious young guy offered.

Rosie/Minerva, happy for her best friend, motions encouragingly with her big hazel eyes, "Hm, yeah Bonnie, he's right, show him the problem. Go on."

"Okay, come on." Bonnie walks away with the interested guy by her side.

Elena and Rosie/Minerva smile at each other suggestively and watch closely as the potential pair go by only themselves. Perhaps this can be even better than her and Ben. Much better. Carter seems to show a real, genuine interest in Bonnie Bennett. She deserves a guy like him to make her happy and feel loved all the time. Elena and Rosie separate ways afterward, in which somewhere around the small area, Rosie is buying fresh honey-ed popcorn at the booth, alone, when Damon speed-walks up to her.

"Hey, Little Gilbert, five o'clock."

"You know I don't speak time, Damon. Where is he?" Rosie/Minerva asked.

"Over there, by the cotton candy booth." He motions with his icy blue eyes towards Jeremy, who is parting ways with another sophomore friend.

"So? He's alive, isn't he? Good enough." The hybrid simply shrugs it off.

"Yeah. Wait here. Watch and learn." Damon casually walks up to the Gilbert brother with a fake smile, "Jeremy, it's so good to see you alive."

"Aren't you a little old for a high school carnival?" The boy mentioned.

"A hundred and fifty years too old." The vampire admitted breezily.

"You're pretty funny cracking jokes when I could, I don't know...blow the whole lid off this thing by telling someone what you really are."

Damon catches him and takes him away from the crowd, knowing that Rosie is watching them, "So please tell me that that is not a threat."

"Maybe it is." Jeremy shows him the ring given to him by his uncle and the blue-eyed vampire chokes him from behind with an arm under his chin.

"This is what we're not going to do: we're not going to walk around like we are invincible when it's this easy for me to end you." Damon releases him harshly, "If you want to tell people what I really am, go ahead and try." He holds up the boy's Gilbert ring; he stole it from his hand, "I will shove this ring so far up your ass, you'll really have something to choke on."

He flicks the magical resurrection ring, from John Gilbert, at the teen's face and walks away while Jeremy holds his face where the ring hit him in pain before looking down and recovering the ring. Damon casually walks back over to Rosie/Minerva and eats a few of her bought honey-ed popcorns.

"That's how you do it." He shrugs it off as no big deal.

"I know, I'm over a hundred-and-sixty-year-old vampire, in case you forgot." His adorable best friend reminded him on purpose as she continues to eat.

"Sorry, it's just that you look a lot like a sixteen-year-old high school girl, which is true considering that's the age you turned. But I never see you actually threaten anybody with our special powers." Damon reminded her.