XXIV • BRAVE NEW WORLD

Start from the beginning

Stefan nods along with her, smiling, "Got it!" Blending in with the rest.

"Then later you're going to take me to the Ferris wheel, we're going to ride to the very top and then you're going to kiss me and my heart will flutter like a normal high school girl. Do you see a running theme here?" Rosie simply requested, smiling at the sweet thought of the carnival tonight.

"Yeah I know, I'm seeing it and I'm liking it but I have a quick question. Uh, what do we do about Damon? You have any ideas?" Stefan brought up; he won't mind if they have to lock him up for good until Katherine is dead. His brother can't be freely roaming around while their bitchy ex is still out there. She will continue to break him, or Stefan, to have her way with them again when all he wants is to spend so much intimate time together with Rosie.

"Uh, no 'D' word, okay? That has been deleted from the list of topics that we can discuss." His mischievously self-centered girlfriend reminded him.

"Unfortunately, Katherine showing up has been a little bit of an odd place, little off-kilter, kind of dangerous. Who knows what he's up to?" His brother is unpredictable right after he broke Jeremy's neck in front of Elena the previous night. Despite being Katherine's look-alike, Elena Gilbert doesn't deserve that. She was being truly honest when she said she didn't want him. What else was she supposed to say? She is still not over her last ex-lover.

Damon Salvatore is probably having trials of one night stands? Perhaps. Instead of murdering innocent people, at least sleeping with them is better. As long as he doesn't murder them once he's finished with them...

****

Mystic Falls High School Carnival

Elena and Rosie/Minerva are talking with Bonnie, joking around as friends, as they are walking side by side through the locally open vibrant carnival.

"The ring toss is out of Bart and Homer dolls and Team Jacob T's." Bonnie reported as she looks at one of the mentioned booths, ready to open.

"Okay, I can grab some from the Science club. Also, we lost a speaker in the karaoke room." The chestnut brunette added to their mini predicaments.

"Hey, all good, Elena, take a beat, look around. This is a huge success. Right, Rosie?" The Bennett girl looks at the caramel brunette for confirmation.

To say this vibrant carnival is a huge success would be an understatement. The young, teenage juniors and sophomores did a really great job at it.

"You mean we can do more than just freak vampire havoc?" Rosie teased.

"Go figure." Bonnie replied and the trio of best friends laugh along joyfully.

Elena, smiling widely, looks at a familiar, tall young man who is repairing one of the stands, "Hey, Carter, right? You're with the carnival."

The young man, Carter, has a slim but athletic stature, under his dark blue and gray t-shirt, with a shaved head as he looks at her, "That'll be me."

"Okay, great." Elena replied with a nod of confirmation.