“Seeing somebody!” Morgan said exacerbated that her sister had already forgotten the question.

“Why do you care?” Sally asked laughing at her sister’s actions.

“I do, okay,” Morgan stated.

Sally laughed at her sister.

“What’s so funny?” she asked annoyed by the conversation.

“You’re still hung up on him,” Sally said shaking her head.

“Okay, maybe I am. It wasn't him that I left, it was the lifestyle,” Morgan said more seriously.

Sally looked over at Morgan with empathy. Morgan’s eyes said it all. She missed Sean and let him go for him and not her.

“No one special. A girl here or there, but nothing serious. No one like you,” Sally said quietly answering her sister’s question.

Morgan nodded and went back to drinking her coffee. The girls sat in silence and enjoyed one another’s quiet company. It was comfortable for them.

---

Sally spent two weeks in Phoenix with Morgan. They did all the things that the two of them enjoyed doing together. Sally felt refreshed after her visit with her sister. She felt as though she could focus on her and Norman’s relationship and put some of the excitement back in it.

She had a large smile on her face when she saw him standing in the airport waiting for her. He had his hands in his pockets and a cigarette tucked behind his ear. He gave her a smile when she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

“Hey,” he said kissing her cheek.

Sally buried her head in Norman’s chest and inhaled deeply. That familiar scent filled her nostrils and she didn't want to let it go.

“You okay?” he asked when Sally didn't let go.

“I just really missed you,” she said with her arms still wrapped around his waist.

“You were only away for two weeks,” he said laughing slightly.

 It wasn't the response Sally wanted to hear. She wanted to hear him say he missed her too.  She broke away from her hug and looked up at Norman with a small smile.

“Did you have fun?” he asked leading Sally towards the exit.

“It was nice,” Sally said smiling as she thought about her time with her sister. “How about you? What did you do while I was gone?” Sally asked.

Norman tensed up a little.

“Me? Nothing special,” he said vaguely.

Sally nodded as they walked to his vehicle. Norman helped her put her bag in the trunk and they drove off silently.

Sally watched as LA passed her by as they drove south to Venice. She looked over at Norman, but couldn't see his eyes being that he put his sunglasses on. His hands tapped the steering wheel to the beat of the music that was playing on the radio. She watched him the rest of the drive home and not once did he look at her. She found herself wondering what she needed to do to get the spark back in their relationship.

Norman carried her bag into the apartment with her and set it down once they reached inside.

“I've got to get going,” Norman said sliding his sunglasses back on his face.

“What?” Sally asked confused.

“I've got some work to do,” he said shrugging.

“Will I see you tonight?” she asked surprised that he was leaving.