• t w e n t y s e v e n •

Start from the beginning

“Our Eden isn’t like that!” Jeongha blurted out as he grabbed his weapon and threw the end of it towards Jongho’s direction.

Jeongha isn’t expecting the mortal to let himself get hit but when it hits Jongho, he lets out a pained cry as his lance dispersed into light. The blackened one is sure that Jongho coughed out blood and a few ribs were probably broken because of the impact yet the male stood still as it held the chain of his weapon with his right hand, shaking due to the injury that he got.

He was about to pull his weapon but Jongho was quick enough, chanting something in a foreign language as markings appeared in his choice of weapon and it even appeared around his body, making him let go of his weapon and tried to claw the markings in his own pale skin as Jongho kept on chanting, blood dripping from his lips as tears as red as blood were flowing from the corner of his eyes.

“Without the light, I am weak. So with the gods of the sun, I speak..” Jongho chanted as he felt his own body reaching his limit before the blackened one’s weapon dispersed into light.

The ground below him started to glow and spreads towards the entire area until it surrounded half of the town before the temperature rises as every single blackened one started to panic on the sudden turn of events. They expected to outnumber the young male yet they didn’t expected him to be blessed by a different kind of God.

“And here as I let out my power, I’ll make sure to make these pitiful sinners cower.” Flames couted in yellow and gold suddenly appeared on the entire area, engulfing every single buildings and creatures on the area affected in the aesthetically pleasing flames, “And burn with the flames of the phoenix as their souls disappear, never to be revived again!”

“What?!” Jeongha exclaims as he tried to get out of the flames yet everything is on fire, there’s no escape.

“If I’ll die here then I’m taking most of you with me,” Jongho muttered as he coughed out more blood, “Using too much of my power takes away my life force and I just did it now. And besides, no one would be able to kill a sin representative unless they’re one of us.”

“So you’re killing yourself for this?! How preposterous!”

Jongho grinned, “There are people out there worth dying for. You, of all people, should know that. Martha, right?”

With the mention of his beloved's name, Jeongha flinched “S-Stop acting like you understand us! If you understand us then you’re willing to help us offer the Eve for our Eden! You were against that, mortal!

“You should understand that an Eden musn’t exist at all. Your kind might be  but there are people suffering outside your Eden and they might be the ones that is getting the suffering that you should have. That’s unfair, Jeongha. If you happen to attain the eternal blessing that you want, it’ll change the motion of life.” Jongho tried to stand up yet his knees failed him and he fell, “Life isn’t like that. Stop messing with life and accept that mortals are vulnerable. Only Gods can decide for us, not demons.”

“Monsieur is our God!”

“He isn’t.”

“I’ll kill you! I’ll make sure that you’re going to die a painful death!”

Despite the flames that is surrounding the once sturdy blackened one, he kept on stumbling his way towards Jongho and lifted him with his hand as choked him with all his might. Jongho tried to struggle but Jeongha slammed him to the ground, causing him to gasp as blood sputtered out of his mouth. He couldn’t even speak as the blackened one that is burning inside grabbed his left knee and twisted it before ripping it from the leg, making Jongho cry in pain.