Chapter 2: school

Kara quickly ate her breakfast, brushed her teeth and waited for her Aunt to drive him to school.

"Whoops, sorry about that Kara! I guess I just overslept this morning!" her Aunt said cheerily. Kara was starting to wonder how her Aunt managed to be so happy all the same.

*Time skip brought to you by moi*

Now in the car, Kara thought about school. Even though she had been there for a few months, she still hadn't made any friends. Being "the blind kid", people were sympathetic, but that didn't mean they actually wanted to be your friend.

"Soooooo...how is school going Kara? Have you made many friends yet?"

Kara noted how her Aunt said "many", once again trying to see the positive side.

"Um, schools fine, I guess?" said Kara.

"Oh, well, we're here now! I hope you have a nice day at school young lady!"

Kara thought her Aunt was trying her best, I mean, her sister did run off with her boss, and leave her behind with her blind niece.

Kara got out of her Aunt's car, and walked towards the school's entrance. She knew her way around to her classes by now, though at first it was very confusing.

"Well well, if it isn't our resident blind kid!" a voice said. Kara recognized the voice as Saki Osaka, the school's resident, first class bitch (or, well that was just her opinion).

"I really have to get to my locker, Saki" said Kara.

"Ugh, whatever, but people with disabilities like you, should be in some sort of special school" she said. Saki slammed her locker and Kara could hear her high heels clacking as she sashayed away.

And so began another dreary day of school.