A Second Chance

*Your POV*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Code 999 and Code 101, you have failed."

It hurt to be told those words, it hurt to be told the truth, but deep down I knew I would never pilot. I slumped forward and let go of the controls , I coughed and felt liquid roll down my chin.

"Not again, I can't let her see me like this."

I tried to sit back up but my vision quickly blurs and I feel something hard hitting my shoulder, I look to the side and see that I had fallen onto the floor of the cockpit.

"999!" I heard 101 call out to me.

I looked around and saw her kneel down in front of me and lift my head onto her lap.

"What happened to you?" I heard her say through sobs.

"I'm fine..." I told her weakly.

I coughed again and more blood came up and stained 101's jumpsuit.

"No, you're not fine!" She told me.

I took a shaky breath and tried to control my ragged breathing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to fail." I said to her.

"I don't care about that, as long as you're alright." She told me as she ran her fingers through my hair.

The door to the cockpit opened and I could hear footsteps entering as I began to black out, the last thing I saw being her face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Begin mission briefing." Papa said.

The computer screen in front of me began playing through various video recordings of a parasite squad along with a certain horned girl.

"This is squad 13, they are your targets." Vice Chairman told me.

"Targets?" I asked them.

"Your mission is to survey their activity in the coming weeks and report anything back to us." Papa commanded me.

"Am I correct in assuming that I will be living with them in Mistelteinn?"

"That is correct, you will need to gain their trust and become friends with them."

"You will be transported in three hours, we expect to see you in the hanger ready for transport in two hours, use the time till you are transported to look over the video footage and learn as much as you can about squad 13." Vice Chairman told me.

I nodded and Papa along with Vice Chairman walked out of the command centre and I stepped closer to the computer and began to look over the video footage to gain as much information as I could.

"Finally, a chance to prove to Papa that I am worthy of being alive and in his service."

*Hiro POV*

The entire walk back to Mistelteinn Zero Two wouldn't let go of my arm, it's almost as if something inside us both has been re-awakened, and it was nice to know this is how she truly was.

"Darling?"

I looked to my side and saw Zero Two looking at me with those beautiful cyan eyes.

"Are you alright? You seem distracted." She asked me.

"Just thinking about stuff, nothing to worry about." I said to her with a smile.

"If you say so Darling."