Chapter 2: My Customer Number-two

Chapter two: My Customer Number-two

As soon as I stepped in the brew, my boss Mr. Wilson started staring daggers at me. He got a stubble of few days, which is not there when I last saw him on Friday evening, while I'm rushing out of the brew after my shift, to pick up the few months' worth essentials and staples from the grocery sale at the only supermarket we have in our small town.

I stalked to the register, taking in his stubble and the pained, confused expression of Mr. Wilson, totally forgetting that I came late for my shift. Maybe, Mr. Wilson is not confused as I thought, I guess.

"Are you gonna stare at me for the rest of your shift or start taking the orders.", he scowled.

Then he climbed upstairs and disappeared to the left, his personal condo, people suppose, as no one has ever been inside.

I sighed in relief, still listening to my first customer's coffee specifications endless ridiculous-ity. Clearly, sometimes I don't understand, why people try to order the coffee with all sorts of flavors, which on the end doesn't leave any taste.

It took me almost 5min to fix her coffee, and before placing the lid, I dared to take a whiff.

"Oh...I lost my appetite!", I groaned under my breath, and hopefully, before fainting, I turned around and handed out my-first-ridiculous-customer her coffee with a plastered-genuine-smile which I mastered in the last few months, and gladly waiting for the next.

"Expresso with two creams and one sugar", a heavy but tired voice said, "actually, make it two"

"Now, that's how you order your coffee", I said to myself, at least I thought, I said to myself before seeing my customer number two of this spinning awful day, raising his chin from his mobile, blinked his eyes and asked me "What did you say?",.

After mimicking his actions: raising my chin from the register and blinked my eyes, I started shaking my head saying "No, nothing...Sir"

"Sir...?" he muttered himself and chuckled at it.

Smiling at myself for calling him Sir, I took the takeaway coffee cup and started making his coffee.

My customer number two is talking on his mobile, a little heated conversation I suppose, but after a few seconds, his expression smoothened before talking again "Take care, Nana...Love you too".

I cleared my throat trying to get his attention, "Your coffee is ready sir", I handed over his coffee.

Before taking his coffee, "Will meet you, went I visit Uncle Rudy, later in this month" and he hangs up the call and took his coffee and nodded "Thank you, Miss"

I smiled back at him as he left, and got on with my job, taking orders, cleaning the tables, and fixing the coffee machine of instant expresso and so on.

As I came late today, I didn't get to take a break for lunch, not that my boss or someone stopped me, but it's me feeling guilty. Yeah! It's one of my weird characteristic stupidity that I can't ignore.

So, by the end of the day, I'm barely hanging on my feet and my stomach is in twisted knots.

Cleaning the last table, I collapsed in the chair at the table by the window. Peaking the clock on the center pillar in the brew, I breathed as I realized that I have twenty-five more minutes to pick up Ricky from Elsa's home.

As Monday's are my turn to close the brew and as well my double shift, Elsa's mom, Mrs. Olivia Rogers has offered me that Ricky can stay at their home.