Chapter Twenty-Two

Começar do início

Tears started building up in my eyes as I heard of Ryan's condition. How in the holy hell did all of that happen to him!? Who did this to such a little boy!? As if Xavier read my mind, he asked dad about Ryan as soon as the doctor disappeared.

"It's Crystal who did this to him! A glass accidentally fell from Ryan's hands and this is what she does to a little boy!" He almost looked like he wanted to cry. "I wish... I wish I would be there for him. This is entirely my fault." He groaned.

Xavier tried convincing dad that none of this is his fault, while I was rooted to the floor. I tried taking all of this in. I felt numb for some reason. I can't believe Crystal did something like this to Ryan. I wanted to kill that bitch right now.

"Can we meet him?" I asked suddenly.

Dad looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "He's unconscious, but yes, we can." He said.

Without any hesitation, I went into Ryan's hospital room and sat on one of the chairs next to his bed. I wanted to cry when I saw his pale body lying on that bad. The doctor was right. Ryan looked very critical.

His body was pale. He had a black eye on his cute little face; his left cheek was swollen and red. He had a bandaged forehead, along with his arm and ankle. His hair looked like someone had dragged him by his hair. I could almost feel the pain he went through. I ran a hand through his hair and I almost felt like he cringed by my touch, but I pushed the thought away and took his swollen little cute hand in mine.

I sniffed as a tear fell from my eye. "Hey there, little dude." I said. "I know you're in pain right now, but please get well soon. I promise I won't let you go back to that woman. I will raise you. I will be your mom, but please... Please wake up." I pressed my lips against the back of his hand, carefully not to hurt him.

Xavier walked into the room, but I didn't look back. I could feel him staring at me, but I still didn't look back. The moment I felt his hand on my shoulder, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I hugged his torso and sobbed. He smoothed my hair to comfort me but didn't say anything.

"I can't stand seeing him like this, Xavier." I sobbed.

He pulled away and kneeled in front of me. He cupped my cheeks and wiped away the tears with his thumb.

"Hey, listen to me." He said. "Ryan is going to be okay. We need to stay strong in order for him to get well." I sniffed and nodded after a while.

"Good." He said and kissed my forehead. "Now let's get you something to eat. You haven't eaten anything." He said as he dragged me out of the room.

"You didn't eat either." I said in a hoarse voice.

"Exactly, we'll eat together."

***

I woke up by a poke in my cheek. I groaned and threw my arm over Ryan's little body. Sleeping in a chair at the hospital can be uncomfortable sometimes. I breathed out and continued my sleep.

Poke.

I groaned again. Poke. I heard a giggle when I groaned again, and me being lazy early in the morning, I continued sleeping.

Poke. Giggle. Groan.

Poke. Giggle. Groan.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

I got annoyed and I opened my eyes to find a giggling Ryan next to me. My face immediately lit up and I sat up with a recorded speed. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and thankfully I wasn't. A huge grin formed on my face as Ryan smiled brightly at me.

Ryan is awake.

He still looked adorable although his face was bruised and red. His bright smile just lightened up the whole room. I placed my hand on his cheek and he smiled even brighter, if it was even possible.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked him.

"I feel a little better, princess." He said and I grinned cheekily.

His voice was hoarse but it returned to its normal self after drinking some water. I helped him sit up, since it was a bit hard for him on his own and sat back on the chair.

"Where is Xavvie?" He asked.

HE IS SO ADORABLE! I can't take it in anymore. This was just too much adorableness!

"He's outside with grandpa." He nodded.

"Princess..." he twitched with his fingers adorably nervous. I frowned.

"Yes?"

"I heard when you said that you were going to be my mommy... Is it true? Will you really be my mommy?" He asked.

"Yes, she will." I heard Xavier behind me. I turned around and smiled warmly at him.

"So, I won't go to other mommy anymore?" His face lit up.

"No!" I scowled.

"Promise?" He held out his pinky finger.

"I promise." I smiled as I linked my pinky finger with his.

---

Sweet!

Hey guys! :D
Anyway how ya'll doing?

FYI, this story is yet far from ending. I have so much planned, thanks to the shower.

What do you guys think of this chapter? If you give your opinions, I will be able to know what I can do. What will be perfect for this story?

So the next update is Friday, so see guys then. Till then...

♪vote♪

♪comment♪

♪follow♪