Chapter Twenty-Two

I stared at the road as Xavier drove full speed to the hospital. I was still shocked that Ryan was in the hospital. I didn't know how he ended up there, but once I find out what really happened, I am taking full responsibility of that little boy.

The moment Xavier told me that Ryan was admitted in the hospital, it felt like my life was being sucked out of me. I was so attached to that little boy, that if something bad happens to him, it feels like I'm feeling his pain. When Xavier told me about Ryan, we immediately left without wasting any time. Xavier promised Margaret her ticket and father's job as soon as everything settles down. Neil was going to stay there with Margaret and return along with her.

I don't know why that little son of a flirt won't stop bugging Margaret. I swear that if he breaks her heart, I will burn him alive, even if he's my cousin. The silence in the car was killing me. The tension was thick and I could see the sweat dripping from Xavier's forehead. I don't mind him. Even I'm worried about Ryan. Since we left from Hawaii, I have been praying for Ryan to be just fine.

The way Xavier told me about dad's voice, Ryan seemed to be serious. I just hope he's okay.

Xavier pulled over in the parking space of the hospital and parked the car rather hastily. We got out of the car, closing the door behind us and practically ran into the hospital.

"Ryan Anderson?" Xavier asked the woman.

She looked up her glasses at us and then back to the computer. "He's in room 205 Second floor." She said.

We nodded and ran to the elevator. It was just about to close but we jumped in just in time. Xavier and I breathed heavily as we waited for the elevator to reach the second floor. It was just a few minutes, seconds even, but it seemed to take forever to reach the second floor.

We flew out of the elevator once it stopped at the second floor and the first thing we saw was Mr. Rodriguez sitting on one of the chairs with his head in his hands. Xavier and I glanced at each other before running to Mr. Rodriguez.

To be honest, I hate hospitals, but I can run into a hundred of hospitals for Ryan. I kneeled in front if Mr. Rodriguez and placed my hand on his knee, while Xavier placed his hand on his shoulders. Mr. Rodriguez's eyes met mine and I saw the relief washing over him. I wrapped my arms around his neck while he wrapped his around my waist.

Dad was looking like a hot mess. His eyes were red and a bit puffy like he had cried for a long time. His tie was loose and his hair was messy, as if he had run a hand through it several times. I felt his uneven heartbeat against my chest, making me feel a pang at the bottom of my heart. I hate seeing him like this.

"What happened?" Xavier asked.

I pulled away from dad and waited for him to answer. Even I wanted to know what happened to Ryan and why he's in such a condition today. Dad tensed and his eyes darkened from anger. His hands turned into fists and his jaw clenched.

"It's Crystal." He spat, making me frown in confusion.

"What did she do?" Xavier asked.

Dad was about to answer but then the doctor showed up. Dad and I stood up and asked the doctor how Ryan was doing.

"I'm afraid, but Ryan is in a very bad condition." I gasped as the next words of the doctor rang through my ears. "He has two broken ribs, one broken arm, a twisted ankle, and a deep bruise on his head, being the cause of his unconsciousness. We can't tell when he's going to wake up, but the healing of his bruises and broken ribs will take a lot of time; especially when he's this little." He said.