Chapter 6: Pretty boy Nick

I looked up to the tan kid, who's teeth shone bright and ropey muscles flexed underneath a tight green work shirt. His hair was a dark brown. A neat but messy look giving him a rugged vibe.
Lord give me strength, it has been not even 2 seconds since he showed up and this boy already has me drooling.

"Hi, my names Nick and I'll be your server tonight. What can I get you?"

"Um...hi..-

"Nice to meet you! My names Kaiko, Defensive Tackle of Maui high school."
Nick laughed at Kai's exasperated smugness as he returned the firm handshake and I felt my insides crumble.

"Nice tooo meet you too. Nick..again. Hehe! Um, Center of Baldwin high school."

"Oh, really. Hm. So, no bad blood, I hope? Not too sore from the loss from last season?"

"Ah, don't rub it in too much Vili.."
They laughed and Kaiko was wearing his stupid, 'I'm so sexy' smile and I just wanted to..PUNCH it!

Ugh!

Don't get me wrong, I love the dude, but this shit always happens and I'm fucking tired of it!

Kekoa was looking at me with sympathy and gave Kai an extra violent glare to signify his very mutual annoyance to the man.

Oh, thank god for Kekoa.

I leaned back in my chair ready to give up all hope when Nick glanced at me, sending me a warm smile which caused literal goosebumps to cover my arms.

Then his face dropped as a big man with long hair made his way over, a scowl on his face.

"Nick, how many times have I told you not. To chat. With the customers! We have a line of people waiting!"

Nick nodded and muttered a 'Yes' over and over again.

"Alright, alright, Dad, I got it!-

Mr. Singh continued to apologize to us and after glaring at his son, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Since my son can't seem to handle doing his job, I guess I'll just have to do it for him. What can I get for you kids?"

"Dad! Seriously! I've got this under control! Just go help the other customers!"

"Did I ever interrupt you when you talked? No, I don't think so, now shut it!"

"Wha-You just did! Whatever..." His father glared at him and he corrected. "Please! Continue!"

He started taking our orders and once Nick looked at me, I gave him an amused smile and he rolled his eyes, trying to suppress a grin.

Kaiko gave a seductive face and I stepped on his foot to grab his attention.

"Ow! What?"

"Back the fuck off..please..."
I spoke through gritted teeth. I was desperate now. Nick was hot and sweet and funny and we had a connection. Kai would play him and I would take care of him.
...
God, I sound crazy.
This dude is making me crazy! 😤
BOTH these dudes are making me crazy!
Aaaagghhh!!!

"And you son?"

"Oh, aah, The Saimin with with a side of Taro Ko chips, please."

"Alright, well, we'll get started on all these meals right now."

Nick sighed as his father left.

"Sorry about that. Saimin and Taro chips. Really?"

"Hehe. What? It's good."