XX • BLOOD BROTHERS

Start from the beginning

"Stefan. Stefan." Damon called out through the metal bars of the door.

"Stefan. I love you, Stefan." Rosie/Minerva expressed; triggering the old memory from 1864 on the engagement day, being his official lovely fiancé, when she said the same thing to him after her belated sixteenth birthday celebration at the Kartwright Estate, long before the tragic demise occurred.

Katherine Pierce ruined everything since the day she arrived in his life, and he will never forgive her for what she did to his girlfriend half a century ago. She was envious of the love he and his girlfriend has for each other, thus she murdered her to take her place without the knowledge that Rosalina Kartwright died with vampire blood in her system-- Pearl Zhu's blood, to be precise. Thanks to his return back to life and Emily Bennett, he was finally able to connect the broken pieces of his compelled memories back then.

Damon leads Rosie/Minerva out of the cold cellar in the dark basement. She looks through the metal bars at him, watching closely in deep concern.

"It's so hard to see him locked up like this." Rosie/Minerva remarked.

"Or maybe you're just lonely. You're the one who locked him up."

"Yeah, well, you helped." Rosie/Minerva pointed out as a factual reminder.

"I couldn't have him running around chewing on people. While the town was looking for vampires, now, could I?" Damon reminded her the issue. Unless he wants him to get captured and driven a stake into his heart.

"So, it had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?"

"Your thing, not mine." Damon shrugs it off as a feigned small deal.

****

Steven's Quarry, Mystic Falls, 1864

Stefan Salvatore, who's supposed to be dead, awakes from the dead with a start the next day. He opens his shirt, with dry blood on it, and sees that the severe bullet wound is gone as if it was never there in the first place. He also sees an unfamiliar daylight ring on his left middle finger and closely examines it, frowning. Both Emily and Kalista are present there as well.

Kalista Kartwright breathes out a relieved sigh, "Stefan. Oh, thank God." She actually feels greatly relieved that he died with vampire blood in his system.

"I heard you scream. Or, was that really you?" Stefan asked her hesitantly.

Kalista nods, smiling shyly at the truth, "It's true, Stefan. I'm a banshee."

"Katherine had me make that for you weeks ago." Emily informed him, referring to the unfamiliar daylight ring with his Italian family crest on it.

"Where am I?" Stefan asked as he looks around at his surroundings.

"The quarry just north of town." Kalista answered him without hesitance.

Stefan looks at the young banshee with the golden blonde hair, "What? Kalista, you shouldn't be here. What would your father say?" He knows it as a well-known fact, that Philip Kartwright is a protectively strict man. He would never dream to be on the wrong side of him. No one would.