If You Can't Take The Heat

(Luna's POV)

I woke up just as the sun was rising and I quickly got dressed for the day. Honestly so far this had to be the most peaceful morning I've had since I arrived on the island. I quietly left the cabin and went for a long run. I then joined the others down by the beach for today's challenge. "Today's challenge will test your minds, your teamwork, and your skills in the kitchen. You'll be cooking a three-course meal and serving it to me for tasting. The winners get a reward. The losers will send somebody home. Each team will appoint a head chef to create the theme of the meal and to oversee the cooking. To cook you need ingredients  every morning a truck brings us food today's task starts there." Chris explains to us the challenge and honestly this one seems easy enough. The only thing I question is how in the world a dolphin is driving a truck.

//I've seen a lot of weird things but I think seeing a dolphin driving a truck tops the list.//

My team ended up getting first dibs on the truck because we won the last challenge. I look around and see a whole lot of possibilities for different themes. "Guys we could do a killer Italian theme." Geoff says and I nod my head smiling. That's actually a good idea for a theme. "Hello head chef." I say to him and everyone agrees with me. "Seriously! So let's get grabbing." Geoff says and everyone grabs something useful and we head to the kitchen to start cooking.

//I'm excited for this challenge my mom taught me a variety of recipes back home and Italian cooking was one of them.//

"Okay we got like three courses and seven people so everybody partner up." Geoff says to us all and we all look at each other. "I know how to make pasta sauce." "I know how to boil pasta." Bridgette says so she and DJ high five and partner up. "Me and Sadie can rock the antipasto. I'm like a black belt when it comes to cutting cheese." Harold says and everyone laughs lightly at what he said. Me and Courtney smile at each other as Duncan walks over. "I guess that leaves us three on dessert detail." Duncan says smirking at Courtney. "Oh no. No way is he helping me and Luna with dessert." Courtney protests and I just shrug as long as we can win the challenge I don't care who I'm partnered up with.

Geoff walks over and places a hand on her shoulder and his other on Duncan. "Come on Courtney for the team." Geoff says and he and Duncan both give Courtney the puppy dog eyes and I decide to step in. "Court the dessert would be easier to complete with three people and we have to win this challenge." I tell her and thanks to the sensible approach she agrees reluctantly.

After that I show Courtney and Duncan my moms old recipe for cannolis and it was pretty straight forward. "If we follow the recipe and all do our part we'll be done in no time." I tell them both and I work on the shells for the dessert and Courtney and Duncan work on the custard filling.

"Where do you want the water Bridge?" DJ asks and I see him spill a good amount of the water onto Harold. "Hey smooth move Dorkahontas." Harold says upset about the accident and Geoff walks over to him. "Oh bummer better go change dude." Geoff says and Harold walks away to go change and doesn't notice the two boys fist bump each other and snicker. I let the shells cool and walk over to them. "Really you guys need to stop bullying him." I say before going back to help with the custard because all Courtney and Duncan were doing was arguing.

A few minutes later Bridgette walked over to me glaring. "What's wrong Bridge?" I ask and she sighed. "I thought Geoff was into me. But now I'm not so sure. Luna you're so lucky you don't have any boys really into you on the show." She said before walking away to go calm down. "Careful your big paws don't mash the pastry." Courtney says as Duncan rolls out the dough. "Careful your uptight butt doesn't curdle the custard." Duncan retorts smirking as Courtney does a fake laugh. I smile and walk over to both of them. "Great work guys the dessert is coming along great." I comment and gasp what I see when I turn around as Courtney makes a noise of disgust. Harold came walking in wearing nothing but a shirt and red small underwear. "Okay who took my shorts?" He asks as Geoff and DJ both laugh making me glare at them. Chris walks into the kitchen and cringes. "Three hours and counting guys." He says and walks away quickly.